Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Someone in the shatbox said they did, this raises more questions, can the Jen 2 not handle increase in suspension geometry?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nah I don't think that it. It could just be a precaution. The last thing they want is a DNF because of CV gremlins.

#whatareicons

OP
OP
Chris's FX4

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone in the shatbox said they did, this raises more questions, can the Jen 2 not handle increase in suspension geometry?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can see that its not the factory 3.0 and this is from the press release.

Modifications to the F-150 Raptor race truck include:

Race-optimized three-inch-diameter external-bypass front and rear Fox Racing Shox similar to Raptor’s segment-exclusive internal-bypass Fox Racing Shox
Race-optimized front and rear springs raise ride height to gain additional ground clearance and provide increased compression rate to handle extreme terrain

24968522785_4767ed5ac4_k.jpg

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Greg has been racing professionally for many years, both in the US & Mexico, Im sure there was good reason for limit straps. For those of you who havent raced before, its completely different than "driving fast" out on the trails. You are constantly going as fast as you possibly can for 400+ miles. Most of us who "beat" on our trucks offroad doesnt compare to racing. I`ll also add, there were tons of $500,000+ trophy trucks that didnt finish the race either. Needless to say, we are anxious to see how it does at the Mint in Vegas next month!

I hope the heck that's not as fast as it can go.

Reaction score
As mentioned in the press article, the front 3.0 fox IBP shocks were swapped for 3.0 fox external bypasses and a little heavier spring for the added weight. The rears were also swapped to 3.0 external bypass.