Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get what you mean, but the whole idea of the truck coming with 3.0's means they should stay. If they took the factory shocks and re-valved them, that'd be cool. But now you're saying if you want to do runs, etc. you should really still buy aftermarket 3.0's, that's kinda :supergay:

What's the point of the truck even coming with 3.0's then?

Stock 3.0s are a hell of a lot better than some trash rancho or super low end bilsteins other manufacturers are slapping on their rigs and calling them "upgraded offroad shocks" in their "offroad packages".

The Raptor coming with stock 3.0s is miles ahead of what anyone else is doing on the market.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Stock 3.0s are a hell of a lot better than some trash rancho or super low end bilsteins other manufacturers are slapping on their rigs and calling them "upgraded offroad shocks" in their "offroad packages".

The Raptor coming with stock 3.0s is miles ahead of what anyone else is doing on the market.

In that comparison, even the 2.5's in the Gen 1 would be light-years ahead of the competition. So why even both upgrading if you're still giving the impression out that you should replace the factory 3.0's with other 3.0's if you're going to use the truck like it was intended to be used. It's a very confusing signal to send to future buyers.

But I guess I won't complain, as long as you buy your better 3.0's from me...

Gilligan

Reaction score
I'm sure if it was up to Ford Performance they'd install adjustable external bypass shocks, but sadly we live in a world run by regulations and lawyers. Fords legal team was probably concerned with the future mall crawlers turning knobs they don't understand then suing ford for some stupid reason.

The fella from FP that went to Havoc last year actually talked about how midperch on the gen1 puts the truck slightly above an unwritten hood height limit that the manufacturers have amongst themselves. I guess they do that in hopes of not pushing any limits that would cause the .gov to pass more regulations.

Icon, Fox, King and all their vendors are probably very happy to see this though haha

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In that comparison, even the 2.5's in the Gen 1 would be light-years ahead of the competition. So why even both upgrading if you're still giving the impression out that you should replace the factory 3.0's with other 3.0's if you're going to use the truck like it was intended to be used. It's a very confusing signal to send to future buyers.

But I guess I won't complain, as long as you buy your better 3.0's from me...

Yeah I agree with everything you've said on here. I really don't feel like they've fixed any of the Gen 1 problems just made the good Gen 1 stuff better, but hell they're not even running the "upgraded" stuff on the race Gen 2 (when it comes to suspension anyway)...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just listen to yourself. If GenII did not come with 3.0s then everyone would complain that Ford did not upgrade. BUT you would prob upgrade them to 3.5s anyway.

I bet all the vendors on forum and others are already working on upgraded suspension package.

It is not about what he Raptor comes with from the factory. It's about how the owner can make it better. Isn't this what's at the core of this forum?

What's the point of the truck even coming with 3.0's then?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3.0 cost how much more than 2.5 ? If you can upgrade the same 3.0 then when they need to be rebuilt that's what I'd do. IF you need to buy all new 3.0 to do the up grade id rather they put the cheaper 2.5 on

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
2cb5ad4928d9e403f8008ca12ef05748.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Check out our website... no images out yet, but we put up pricing for them!

@bstoner59 - what's the latest and greatest?

Still in OC

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

4f181e8362353fb9afc1559859d0bce2.jpg25b1b90a9a69e80b2ef85bcac48abfa0.jpg4022f0ae9d98e4369b2bb4643739a73d.jpge190f6042d50fb42d06a783df329c1dd.jpgdd176c86e6b41bfcae5a7ab1d656dd65.jpg