Bed Lights, So Useless... But Fun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Moridin

Moridin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that looks really sharp. Especially with the carpet.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Couple people asked about the wiring, throwing up a couple pics:

The hole in the bed on the other side of the tail lights I used for the wiring to come up (and down for grounding). Put a little stronger 3M tape on the wire as it goes up to hold it in place.
IMG_5097.jpg

The kit came with a switch, but I used this one instead. The prongs on the back of it fit through the bed hole nicely, making a slightly snug fit. Used some 3M tape here as well to really secure it. Feels rock solid, and is out of the way in that corner. Drop tailgate and just flick the switch.
IMG_5098.jpg

Shot of one string of lights. Extra-strong piece of 3M tape (I replaced what came with the lights) and zip-ties along the way to hold the wire securely up and out of the way. Yes, I'm aware I need to clip off the extra lenghts of zip tie. lol
IMG_5099.jpg

Not exactly a "professional" job, but that's how most of my projects usually go. They get the job done and pass a casual inspection of what's going on. haha

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are awesome..these lights could come in handy for me as I'm loading my drums back in the bed after a show..think I'll try to install something soon.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Excellent mod, especially if you have a cover. I'll be using mine for loading the sled up at night. I'm also running the anzo's. Just wish they were a bit brighter. I'm think of adding another custom string, but might be overkill.
DSC_0969_zpsadc37866.jpg

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got a set of LED's in the bed today and when the switch is hooked to a 9v battery, everything works great. Tried to tap into the orange wire in the trailer hitch using a blue crimp connector and get nothing. Turned the lights and the truck on and still have no power to the wire. I used the spare fuses in the glove box with the relay in spot 9 and the fuse in spot 21.

Any ideas?

On a positive note, all 4 up fitter switches are connected, tagged, soldered, weather stripped and powered.