Battery Tender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EVOVII

Reaction score
Question on using Battery Tender Plus on my 2023. I plugged it in on and off (totaling 24hrs). However it continues to show charging. Is that normal? After hearing about all these battery issues I just wanted to top it off but damn its taking forever for what was supposed to be a top-off

Normal?

3Dog

Gold member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question on using Battery Tender Plus on my 2023. I plugged it in on and off (totaling 24hrs). However it continues to show charging. Is that normal? After hearing about all these battery issues I just wanted to top it off but damn its taking forever for what was supposed to be a top-off

Normal?

Normal. I hook mine up when I know I won't be driving it for a week or two. Sometimes takes up to 1.5 to 2 days for the light to turn green. If I have just driven it and then hook it up, then usually less than 24 hours to turn green. Why do you keep unplugging it? They are battery maintainers as well as chargers, and can be left plugged in. Once the battery is charged they go into float mode, and can be left connected as a battery maintainer.

Of course, be sure to double check your connections. More than a day or two on the charger, and still not charged, would not be normal.

Last edited:

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Normal?
I did not watch the entire YouTube video attached to this thread, however, I do use a battery tender on my 2021 CO 37. I also live in Idaho, so it gets pretty cold. I also rarely drive the truck. The video explained the reason that after I do drive it and hook it back to the battery tender, it will take about two days to indicate fully charged. Unlike the video specified, I attach the tenders positive and negative leads to the positive and negative terminals, and I have not had an issue. However, I do not have the auto stop feature on this truck.

BigTaco

Reaction score
I just 100% confirmed full open diff in 23+ Raptors up front. In 4L, rock crawl mode I can make a front wheel stop by nearly blowing on it. I'm so pissed lol.

Make sure you are hooking it up correctly for the Ford BMS.

Great share! This is a so the BMS will adjust as it charges. It does not mean the battery is not charging. He states this in the video. It will not effect how the charger monitors the battery and maintains/charges it. The BMS will re adjust after a few hours of not driving (usually over night after the charger is disconnected). He states this as well.

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
I did not watch the entire YouTube video attached to this thread, however, I do use a battery tender on my 2021 CO 37. I also live in Idaho, so it gets pretty cold. I also rarely drive the truck. The video explained the reason that after I do drive it and hook it back to the battery tender, it will take about two days to indicate fully charged. Unlike the video specified, I attach the tenders positive and negative leads to the positive and negative terminals, and I have not had an issue. However, I do not have the auto stop feature on this truck.
I know this is an older post but have a question about your battery tender. I connected my NOCO genius directly to the battery at first and when I plugged it in and turned it on I was getting a clicking noise coming from the fuse box does your truck make any noises when the tender is on? I have since moved the negative from the battery to a ground close to the battery. I have not turned it back on yet to see if I am still getting the clicking noise form the fuse box. I only installed the tender due to I go out of the country for work for about 3-4 months and the wife will drive the truck but not very often.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From everything I've read, alternators only maintain charge, if that. They rarely ever fully charge to 100% capacity. So if you use a battery tender, it usually takes 1.5 - 2 days to achieve full charge. Mine always does that. I've had my convertible plugged in for months, usually unplug it every 4-5 days, then a few days plug it back in and it's never at 100%. Catches up in a few hours, but initially at end of summer takes about 1.5 days.

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use one of these:

It is 2 amp (instead of the usual 1 amp (or less)) and comes with its own mounting kit that I used to mount it to the strap across the top of the battery. It only takes about 5-6 hours to go from red to green, indicating the battery is fully charged. Works great for me.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Supporting Member
Reaction score