Battery issue, Charging issue or BMS issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teamster

Reaction score
I'm running into a very similar issue with my new-to-me 2021. It's got the original battery, about 30k miles. I'm the second owner.

Since I bought it, I periodically ran into symptoms of battery/charging issues - auto start/stop not working, chimes coming from the IPC. Over the last two weeks, though, it has worsened into "deep sleep" mode, FordPass not working due to battery level, none of the remote/walk up features or keyless entry working. I have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow to have them evaluate the battery and BMS, but I'm not optimistic they'll get to the bottom of it.

I'm looking at replacing the battery myself if they don't. Does anyone have any insight on the Antigravity lithium battery sized for our trucks? I have one of theirs in my motorcycle (Triumph Tiger 800) and love it - much lighter-weight, and easy to keep topped off.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm running into a very similar issue with my new-to-me 2021. It's got the original battery, about 30k miles. I'm the second owner.

Since I bought it, I periodically ran into symptoms of battery/charging issues - auto start/stop not working, chimes coming from the IPC. Over the last two weeks, though, it has worsened into "deep sleep" mode, FordPass not working due to battery level, none of the remote/walk up features or keyless entry working. I have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow to have them evaluate the battery and BMS, but I'm not optimistic they'll get to the bottom of it.

I'm looking at replacing the battery myself if they don't. Does anyone have any insight on the Antigravity lithium battery sized for our trucks? I have one of theirs in my motorcycle (Triumph Tiger 800) and love it - much lighter-weight, and easy to keep topped off.
Get an H8. Interstate or similar are fantastic.

Your battery is most likely 4 years old at this point. Only way to check for sure if the battery is the issue is to put a tester on it.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Dude just get one of the batteries recommended in this thread. I got the Duracell and never had another single issue. Read the entire thread if you haven't already. Tons of info and pics, mine included.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those interested, I installed an Interstate MTZ H8 battery in my truck today. Fits perfect without any issue. It’s their top of the line battery and has some significant power spec gains over the stock (and most of the batteries I’ve seen listed). Always had good luck with Interstate and this battery line has a full replacement warranty for 48 months.

IMG_7844.pngIMG_7845.png