Baker Motorsports "Dovetail" Rear End and Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GsxrRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ima do that my self this week! Cory at RPG was telling that they pulled n all niter on fri I got there sat morning would hav love to seem ur truck. They mention came out good

Did they upfit ur town hitch or is it stock mount still ??
And do u know how much thy price out u out on the rear bump

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice ima do that my self this week! Cory at RPG was telling that they pulled n all niter on fri I got there sat morning would hav love to seem ur truck. They mention came out good
Yeah Corey and Rowdy (and bstoner for that matter too) put in some serious hours to install UCA's, tie rods, rebuild an axle and both rear shocks, remove the Truxxx kit and set 'er to the top perch. And the whole time they put up with me and my camera asking dozens of questions. I'm going to try and get the writeup on all of it done and posted later today.

Did they upfit ur town hitch or is it stock mount still ??
And do u know how much thy price out u out on the rear bump
The hitch was removed, cut up, reworked, and remounted. The net result is that the hitch now sits up 8" higher than stock.

The price for the whole job was $1200. Touch base with John though to be sure on costs; he'll build you any bumper you want, and I imagine material costs might impact that cost a bit one way or another.

I should point out that John sells this bumper with a drop down bar that loops just under the hitch. It connects to the top bar via a couple of verticle bars and then the gaps are filled with a couple of hole punched aluminum plates. Take a look at Raptizzle's to see what I mean.

John was holding that bar up there for me to see, and it donned on me that I'd kind of prefer just the single bar. So we ran with that and ended up with what you see. Worst case is if I end up hating it, he'll weld that piece in as originally planned and we'll go from there. I don't see that happening though. I'm really enjoying this look.

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, BigJ! I think mine will be going under the knife for something very similar in the next month or so.