Back up camera question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss 2731

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My camera has been out for a while. I just got around to buying all the parts to fix it. I was aware I need to take the truck to the dealership to have the computer “calibrated” to the new camera. There are are a couple of options in the park assist that aren’t activated and also (see below) this is what my camera looks like on the mirror. The guide lines are in the wrong place and the camera looks crappy for a lack of better description. I expect that the settings can be activated but is the wonky image something that anyone has ever seen? Is this something that can be corrected? I admittedly purchased the camera on eBay. It is supposed to be a new oem camera. By all indications it looks like an oem camera. Correct pn correct box. I did have to buy a newer updated pn than what came in my truck. This according to the ford parts website. I’ve bought plenty of oem parts before on eBay without any problem. I guess that there’s a first time for everything though. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
IMG_4208.jpeg

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed a new backup camera a couple of weeks ago and it worked somewhat and the front camera would not enable. Today I was at the dealership getting the programing done for LF recall so I had them program the cameras and now the front camera works also.

OP
OP
Boss 2731

Boss 2731

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you. Turns out my camera was either bad or a counterfeit. I got my money back so there’s that. I guess (obviously) be careful with what you buy from non Ford sources.

uscscjohn

Reaction score
I installed a new backup camera a couple of weeks ago and it worked somewhat and the front camera would not enable. Today I was at the dealership getting the programing done for LF recall so I had them program the cameras and now the front camera works also.
Good to know! Thanks! My rear camera has been out for a few years. (Stupid thing only works when it rains.) I read a few threads about wiring issues. A Ford Dealer shop (a good one) says I need to replace the camera. It appears that may work.