B&M Diff Cover and Trans Pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daneger

Reaction score

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the transmission pan, but have yet to install it. Been trying to find info as well on others that have used it. The main question I have is does it still clear the OEM skid plate.

mleaky

Reaction score
Crawl under the truck and measure the depth of the stock pan and skid plate gap. Measure the depth of the new pan and do some math. Report back, I'm sure there are more people wondering how the fit is.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the transmission pan, but have yet to install it. Been trying to find info as well on others that have used it. The main question I have is does it still clear the OEM skid plate.
i saw on FB where the seller says it doesnt fit a raptor

MikeyP87

Reaction score
For the transmission pan, I don't think the deep sump one is worth it. These transmissions (at least the 10R60 in the Explorer ST) have a thermostat to regulate temperature, and the deeper pans don't make any measurable change in fluid temp.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some measurements between the stock pan and the skid plate over the weekend. There's maybe 2" between the rear of the stock pan and 3" on the front. The B&M pan is 2 3/4" tall at the rear and about 4 3/4" in the front compare to the stock pan 2 3/4" front and 2" rear.

I think the B&M pan will fit, but it will be pretty close to the skid plate. Been checking labor only prices... dealer quoted $600 and an independent shop $460. When I had it done on my 2019 labor only was like $150.