Az Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnghost

Reaction score
It was $18k when I got it in april 2021. For this price I knew it was gonna be far from perfect. It was only factory required servicing at the factory intervals. The first year I had it I replaced the shocks and all the fluids.
Then I replaced the following items just to hold up to the desert here.
- OEM radiator for an aluminum 3 core radiator
- all front suspension bushings and tie rods along and stop cam kit
-methods 17” rims an cooper 35” tires
-painted the front/rear bumper and trim with black bed coating paint, really like the way it came out.
- replaced the factory basic radio with a 9” touchscreen amazon special (been going good for 2 years)
-added a back up camera

The interior is cloth and it does not come with a sync or trailer break nor the aux outfitter swicth bank. And also no sunroof. Given that this truck lived alot in the desert, there was dust everywhere I had to vacuum out.
The biggest issue I had when I go it was that the evap core was clogged to the point that I had very little airflow out the vents. So instead of dropping the dash I just cut a piece out of the HVAC plenum behind the glove box and scrapped a thick layer of soot from the evap core and clean it so I could get airflow back in the cabin, plastic welded the section back on and airflow is good.
That’s a fantastic price, honestly the only bummer is lack of AUX panel. The rest is actually preferred spec imo. Personally, I would trade the moonroof, Sony, leather, and sync for 12k! Sounds like this is the perfect project truck and your using it properly, continue to enjoy and post up some adventures!

OP
OP
D

dsmless

Reaction score
That’s a fantastic price, honestly the only bummer is lack of AUX panel. The rest is actually preferred spec imo. Personally, I would trade the moonroof, Sony, leather, and sync for 12k! Sounds like this is the perfect project truck and your using it properly, continue to enjoy and post up some adventures!
My workaround us just using one of these 6 button aux switch boxes. Bottom left corner.

Attachments

• IMG_4245.jpeg
    IMG_4245.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 8