Axle problem on 2017 Raptors (news)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Jorge on facebook confirming a rumor about axle issues on the 2017 Raptor.

"Ok so here is the scoop right from DTP.

Raptor production has stopped as of today (no eta as to when it will be flipped on).

There is a problem with the rear axle (no details as to what is is).

All produced Raptors are being shipped to Roush (Plymouth) for rework (I don't have any details in regards to what is wrong or what the rework entails.

I will keep you guys posted."

*gets out the popcorn*

I wonder how many were produced so far.

OP
OP
ZaneMasterX

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who knows whats going on but it could be something very small like a seal that was made incorrectly that needs to be changed or it could be something more major. Hopefully its minor and everything continues as scheduled.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who knows whats going on but it could be something very small like a seal that was made incorrectly that needs to be changed or it could be something more major. Hopefully its minor and everything continues as scheduled.

According to Mike Levine it's all rumors and everything is normal. They haven't been set as OK to buy and won't be released until then. Because they are right on track to be released in the fall just like they said they would. Maybe so he can have more time playing politics on twitter

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This happens all the time, assuming this information is correct, it is a normal part of the ramp up process for producing a new vehicle. It even happens on existing vehicles from time to time because of part quality issues.

OKTB isn't until November and there is a reason it is in November.

Last edited:

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happens all the time, assuming this information is correct and is a normal part of the ramp up process for producing a new vehicle. It even happens on existing vehicles from time to time because of part quality issues.

OKTB isn't until November and there is a reason it is in November.

If the OKTB isn't till November how are getting ETAs from Ford Service. I thought the shipping process didn't/couldn't happen till OKTB

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the OKTB isn't till November how are getting ETAs from Ford Service. I thought the shipping process didn't/couldn't happen till OKTB

It doesn't.........and those dates probably aren't accurate. The media drive event in December is a clue.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well at least we know Ford can improve on how they launch new products.