Auto Start/Stop Delete Now an Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the opposite. I would think that if you are still unscheduled-clean and don't have a VIN that getting rid of the auto start stop feature would get your truck a VIN and built quicker. That's what the article is essentially stating.
I messaged my dealer (the owner) last night asking if this was an option since mine is still unscheduled. He replied stating he submitted the question/change and would get back to me today. I’ll update everyone once I hear back.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While I get that this thread is mostly a complaint about the feature itself, I find the overall implication of this more interesting. Ford is doing a lot of work to make this happen. The logistics of making this happen, including the actual work on the vehicle, and properly tracking these exception vehicles and updating the stickers, etc...is no small feat. And it's an impact on the fuel economy and CAFE that Ford has to meet. They aren't doing this to make customers happy.

What this says is the chip shortage is effecting the start/stop technology, to the point where it's significantly impacting delivery times and the overall bottom line. Ford is willing to take the hit in order to get more vehicles to reserve customers and get new vehicles on lots for dealers. It's bad news in the sense that it shows just how big the chip shortage is, but good in the sense that Ford is figuring out ways to get vehicles out quicker.

Token

Reaction score
I don't understand why there is so much hatred for the stop/start. I have 3 cars with stop/start and in all 3 I can come to a stop, foot on the brake, and not have the car turn off if I don't want it to. The raptor is the easiest to modulate the brake to not hit the "breakover" pressure and have the truck turn off. Just learn to modulate the brake. I like the stop/start; I can **** the truck while in line at Starbs so I don't have to scream at my coffee producing professional.

planetMalone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the better videos I have seen to handle this.
I like this method a lot. I honestly don't mind start/stop. The only time I'd want to turn it off is in the summer when it's pushing 90+. I like that you can easily turn it back on without having to go behind the dash. And let's be honest, $99 is nothing. I spend more than that on stuff I don't need. This is something that is actually useful.

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like this method a lot. I honestly don't mind start/stop. The only time I'd want to turn it off is in the summer when it's pushing 90+. I like that you can easily turn it back on without having to go behind the dash. And let's be honest, $99 is nothing. I spend more than that on stuff I don't need. This is something that is actually useful.
LOL at "behind the dash"

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand why there is so much hatred for the stop/start. I have 3 cars with stop/start and in all 3 I can come to a stop, foot on the brake, and not have the car turn off if I don't want it to. The raptor is the easiest to modulate the brake to not hit the "breakover" pressure and have the truck turn off. Just learn to modulate the brake. I like the stop/start; I can **** the truck while in line at Starbs so I don't have to scream at my coffee producing professional.
I'm not saying that the system isn't capable of handling it but....it is more wear and tear on on the system. I find it a pain, as do many. My wife doesn't mind it in her 2020 Wrangler. It's all opinion. I'll be getting the one that turns it off "behind the dash"..should take about 5 minutes to install and I'll never deal with it again.