Audio Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kirkb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I certainly not an audiophile, like most of you I have been disappointed with the stock B&O in my 23.

Shortly after purchasing it, I did install Sound Skins in all of the doors, and while that didnt fix anything, it did reduce road noise and vibrations.

Then a couple weeks ago, I found some pointers on settings to change in Spotify to improve the audio and I was pretty surprised, it was a decent improvement.

Then last night my truck did the OTA update for “Audio Enhancement” and I am pretty impressed.

The combination of the Spotify settings and this new OTA update is certainly not going to impress any of you audiophiles, but I am very happy with it. Sounds much closer to what I would expect from decent factory system.

Anyone else get the update yet? What do you think?

OP
OP
kirkb

kirkb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your sound settings on spotify, and do you broadcast over Bluetooth or plugged into usb?
I am using wireless CarPlay. I will search for the post I found on the F150 forum with the Spotify settings and post a link here if I can find them again.

Dralpie

Reaction score
I’m impressed with it as well. Got in it today and could immediately tell it sounded a lot better. It’s great they can do these kinds of things with a simple OTA update.

77Raptor

Reaction score
I'm hoping I get this update really soon. Out of curiosity, can you articulate what the improvements are that you guys noticed in the sound?

james9

Reaction score
Which update was this? I just got one a few days ago but it says it’s for Enhanced power management. BCM-24.6.R

77Raptor

Reaction score
Which update was this? I just got one a few days ago but it says it’s for Enhanced power management. BCM-24.6.R
I got that same one and was hoping that maybe it also secretly had the audio update. Lol. But since I got that power management update, I keep getting CarPlay connection errors. Ugh!