Anyone take their Gen3 2021 Raptor VIN and get an insurance quote?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed full coverage on a 2011 Honda Pilot and replaced it with the same coverage on my Raptor and I went up $45 every 6 months

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
You know what really chaps my ***?

Why these rates are so different and driving is driving, and accidents happen. I could have an accident in MD or Montana. I guess its also varied upon how much it cost in a certain area to repair?

Don
Mostly it is the rate of claims that drive the geographical rates. Washington DC shows about 700k in the city. The entire state of Montana is about 1-million spread out over the entire state. Less likely for accidents and lower crime rate.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right.

And that is too many people in the City. Jesus. Hence why I can't stand DC

TXSTEEL

Reaction score
$100 is nothing, but the time to deal with it, driving a rental, the headaches. It sucks. Almost wish I had a garage big enough to house a truck, but the motorcycle and gym equipment take up everything.
I have a hail protector for my kids cars and will buy one for what ever new truck I get. It is kind of a pain to put on and take off, but well worth the time and the $500 to $600 to not have the damage and headaches of the rental cars and time.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a hail protector for my kids cars and will buy one for what ever new truck I get. It is kind of a pain to put on and take off, but well worth the time and the $500 to $600 to not have the damage and headaches of the rental cars and time.

I am definitely looking into these.

TXSTEEL

Reaction score
I am definitely looking into these.
There are several people around our neighbor hood that have them sometimes during the spring when the big storms start to roll through it looks like the movie cocoon. It helps me sleep at night though, not having to worry about the vehicle getting bomb barded by baseball size hail. I do worry a little as on of my neighbors want to see what happens if he tees up a golf ball and hit a driver into it.

I also need to see if I can get a imsurance discount for having it.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several people around our neighbor hood that have them sometimes during the spring when the big storms start to roll through it looks like the movie cocoon. It helps me sleep at night though, not having to worry about the vehicle getting bomb barded by baseball size hail. I do worry a little as on of my neighbors want to see what happens if he tees up a golf ball and hit a driver into it.

I also need to see if I can get a imsurance discount for having it.
#TexasLife

BossRaptor

Reaction score
After reading this thread I decided to call progressive for a quote for ***** and giggles on my 19 Raptor I just got. Ive been with Travelers for a couple of years w no claims. 800 Fico score, clean drivers record etc. I found it to be a big savings. Im switching over. Thanks for the heads up!