Anyone’s Raptor been delivered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at palsaspp recently? Just curious what that is showing?
BTW, I am reading that PALSAPP is not a good measure to use to see if your truck has shipped.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
In 2017 there was quite a long drought before the truck was released from the assembly plants. If it goes anything like it did in 2017, you will be reading about how awesome the new truck is and how much the Gen1 and Gen2 trucks sucked from several different press outlets before the stealership stock units even make it off of ramp 59.

Press fleet vehicles are the first out the door. They get to automotive <cough> journalists... so they can write glowing reviews about them. Since the powertrain is only mildly updated, and most work is in the suspension department, I don’t think the gen3 is as big a departure from the previous model as gen2 to gen1. In other words, it could bode well for potential buyers. I don’t think they’ll have as much to shake down this go around.

Anyway, about ... 2, maybe 3 weeks after the first press shakedowns, Ford put a QA hold on the Gen2 -- this was late November to early December, 2016. I think that lasted 2-3 weeks. Random trucks were selected for additional QA - mine was one of them. Remaining trucks sat patiently waiting. Ford racked up over 100 miles on my truck and I posted the punch list after I bought the truck. Mine was delivered Mid January 2017. Once I saw it was no longer stuck at Ramp 59, I have to admit I was encouraged. I got text from the S/M with the picture of the truck being offloaded and that was a relief. I didn’t pre-order the truck, mine was stealership stock. I was not the first to get the Gen2, not even close, but I was an early adopter.

I’m not trying to get you guys and gals knickers in a twist, but just trying to educate the n00bs, remind the upgraders. Be patient.
Covid, mask mandates, work shortages due to people wanting to stay home is affecting everything from toilet paper to transmissions. I’m sure Ford wants to deliver the trucks, the last thing they want is people cancelling orders at stealerships.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In 2017 there was quite a long drought before the truck was released from the assembly plants. If it goes anything like it did in 2017, you will be reading about how awesome the new truck is and how much the Gen1 and Gen2 trucks sucked from several different press outlets before the stealership stock units even make it off of ramp 59.

Press fleet vehicles are the first out the door. They get to automotive <cough> journalists... so they can write glowing reviews about them. Since the powertrain is only mildly updated, and most work is in the suspension department, I don’t think the gen3 is as big a departure from the previous model as gen2 to gen1. In other words, it could bode well for potential buyers. I don’t think they’ll have as much to shake down this go around.

Anyway, about ... 2, maybe 3 weeks after the first press shakedowns, Ford put a QA hold on the Gen2 -- this was late November to early December, 2016. I think that lasted 2-3 weeks. Random trucks were selected for additional QA - mine was one of them. Remaining trucks sat patiently waiting. Ford racked up over 100 miles on my truck and I posted the punch list after I bought the truck. Mine was delivered Mid January 2017. Once I saw it was no longer stuck at Ramp 59, I have to admit I was encouraged. I got text from the S/M with the picture of the truck being offloaded and that was a relief. I didn’t pre-order the truck, mine was stealership stock. I was not the first to get the Gen2, not even close, but I was an early adopter.

I’m not trying to get you guys and gals knickers in a twist, but just trying to educate the n00bs, remind the upgraders. Be patient.
Covid, mask mandates, work shortages due to people wanting to stay home is affecting everything from toilet paper to transmissions. I’m sure Ford wants to deliver the trucks, the last thing they want is people cancelling orders at stealerships.
This I what I remember also. I was one the guys that waited forever to have my truck built and was jealous of all the guys with the dealer stock orders being built before mine. I was one that ended up getting my truck before some others that were built weeks or months before mine.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Is there still a toilet paper shortage? I stocked up over 6 months ago, think I’m good for another year!

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This I what I remember also. I was one the guys that waited forever to have my truck built and was jealous of all the guys with the dealer stock orders being built before mine. I was one that ended up getting my truck before some others that were built weeks or months before mine.
My thoughts here though are that its a crapshoot. 2/3 Raptors I have seen delivered are indeed stock orders so who knows this time around... Also, this has just been a crazy year for truck delivery from top to bottom for many supply issues. That was not the case in 2017.

Apples to oranges in my opinion...

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I'm just eating popcorn and watching the show....My Beach Buggy will be 4 years old on 8/26...where does the time go. lol

OP
OP
M

muditup

Reaction score
FYI:
I just remembered when my order was being entered by the dealer on 6/18 one of the items I ordered was a Bed Mat. He deleted it from my order because he said it might hold the truck up. He said it would safer to order the mat through parts, that way there wouldn’t be a problem. I didn’t question him as he appeared to be fairly knowledgeable about what he was saying.