GEN 2 Any one use Winter Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can’t beat dedicated snow tires. I would bet with some certainty that her vehicle with snow tires would be superior in all snow conditions except deep off road. On road the explorer will stop, turn and accelerate better. The Raptor is awesome but in that scenario hers would be better.
My wife has an explorer sport with blizzacks as well and it does phenomenal in the snow. She's been in some pretty rough storms and never felt nervous. I would imagine her explorer would handle better in the snow than my raptor with duratracs. Cant decide if I should go to duratracs for an all around tire or run a 2nd set of tires/wheels and run blizzacks in the winter likw we do with my car and her explorer. Tempted to do the latter but I think it's more of an excuse to get some bronze methods for the summer set up....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put these on today since the white stuff is coming soon. Got a good deal on them so I thought I would try the KO2 in Canadian winter.

View attachment 115307 If these don’t work out, I’ll replace the BFGs with Nokian Hakkas.

Looks like it took quite a bit of weight to balance... Have the installer align the red dot with the valve stem, you should be able to significantly reduce the amount of weight needed to balance.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like it took quite a bit of weight to balance... Have the installer align the red dot with the valve stem, you should be able to significantly reduce the amount of weight needed to balance.

Ya, there is more lead there than the O.K. Corral lol

I got this set used and probably oem so must have been installed on a Friday.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, there is more lead there than the O.K. Corral lol

I got this set used and probably oem so must have been installed on a Friday.

Or a Monday morning! :Big Laugh:

And don’t feel bad, mine are the same way...OEM tires and I need to take them in to have them mounted correctly:

i-kNtScLG-X3.jpg

Edit: And align the “Ford” centercap. I always have mine point to the valve stem in some way...assuages my OCD tendencies and more importantly, makes it easy to find the valve stem when filling/deflating the tires.

Last edited:

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has an explorer sport with blizzacks as well and it does phenomenal in the snow. She's been in some pretty rough storms and never felt nervous. I would imagine her explorer would handle better in the snow than my raptor with duratracs. Cant decide if I should go to duratracs for an all around tire or run a 2nd set of tires/wheels and run blizzacks in the winter likw we do with my car and her explorer. Tempted to do the latter but I think it's more of an excuse to get some bronze methods for the summer set up....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Your kidding right? Your wifes exploder would do better in the snow than a RAPTOR? REALLY?? I have driven my 2010 raptor in several feet of snow here in Colorado and have never felt more safe. Same way with my 17. Advise putting on duratracs and putting it in 4H. Then GO. I now have a exploder for a daily driver and no way in hell will it do as well as either of my raptors. period

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1hp vs 450hp lol

Tires look awesome. I plan to get these if my KO2s don’t work out.

Finally got those Nokian LT2 winter studded tires installed on my Raptor. I also added 200 lbs sandbags to the back so now I should be good in the winter. I brought out a furry friend when those tires were being installed. View attachment 115889 View attachment 115890