Any aftermarket exhaust available for the R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I gotta add though. I like my eco 23 raptor better. Rides nicer, smoother acceleration, better all around on daily driving. Hopefully tuning makes the r better- normal acceleration wise and shifting
You think it rides nicer? I prefer the R even without the power, the little bit more weight up front makes it a bit more planted and solid in my opinion.

Yea I really wish we could get a ecu/tcm tune on these.

Hard R

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with you because I’ve seen that fix it for several people but I think it may be a multi factorial problem. I’ve also seen people solve the issue by increasing the prime cycle on the pumps through forscan.
I did nothing and the problem resolved itself. Thank goodness.

Hambone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do. My 35 raptor is more nimble for day to day driving. The r is just big and sluggish unless you are hammering it. Different trucks for sure.

You think it rides nicer? I prefer the R even without the power, the little bit more weight up front makes it a bit more planted and solid in my opinion.
Coming from a 22 37, I agree.
Would adding a Banks Pedal Monster make a discernible difference?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t considered going back to an eco Raptor. The R is great, but for daily driving the eco is a better package.

The 24R suspension feels softer than my previous Gen 3’s, especially the rear suspension. I enjoy the soft ride that Raptors offer, but the rear is maybe a little too soft

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys disappoint me.

Haha, kidding. All valid points, I really loved my eco Raptors and am not someone that hates on the ttv6 at all. Really enjoy dd’ing my R though and prefer it personally. I drive pretty mellow 80-90% of the time and like how the R powerband is a bit more linear. The eco really slams you with torque at low rpm’s and is a bit harder to putter around in imo.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys disappoint me.

Haha, kidding. All valid points, I really loved my eco Raptors and am not someone that hates on the ttv6 at all. Really enjoy dd’ing my R though and prefer it personally. I drive pretty mellow 80-90% of the time and like how the R powerband is a bit more linear. The eco really slams you with torque at low rpm’s and is a bit harder to putter around in imo.
i'm also probably the unpopular opinion. I prefer the R over the TT EB. I loved my EB raptor but i prefer the comfort power of a sc v8. Lightly roll the throttle and you pass people with ease. the EB loved to be on boost where as the v8 you can lug it around if you want and then let it come to life whenever you please.

This definitely not the right comparison but the TT EB reminds me of my old Banshee. Loved to be in powerband like all 2 strokes. The R is typical 4 stroke. torque everywhere whenever you want it

broadwayline

Reaction score
Bunch of mall crawlers in here who bought an off-road truck to drive on pavement like a princess -

EB gen 3 with 37s is slow on the dirt. Barely has enough power to roast all 4 tires in 3rd gear in dirt