GEN 2 Aluminum bed floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The bricks were dumb but the toolbox scenario is perfectly feasible, that's a weakass bed. I know a lot of us bolt thinks to the bed, wonder how that will hold up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
The bricks were dumb but the toolbox scenario is perfectly feasible, that's a weakass bed. I know a lot of us bolt thinks to the bed, wonder how that will hold up?

See example of this military grade Coke can

soda%20can3.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

I couldn't agree more, I was thinking the exact same thing. I am also concerned considering that I have already drilled though parts of the bed to mount things. At this point I have no desire for the Gen2 so for awhile, I will just watch and listen to everyone else bitch about their new bed when we start hearing the horror stories on FRF.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more, I was thinking the exact same thing. I am also concerned considering that I have already drilled though parts of the bed to mount things. At this point I have no desire for the Gen2 so for awhile, I will just watch and listen to everyone else bitch about their new bed when we start hearing the horror stories on FRF.

Lol "I just set my drill on the bedside and when I turned around it fell off and punctured my aluminum bed"

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Its an ad. Seem like the toolbox that went in the ford was a bit heavier or pushed harder.. either way, a spray liner would take care of most of the problems illustrated in this advert..

on a lighter note, should be a lot easier to cut thru for bypass rack, or other go faster mods

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the camp of I am not impressed by such easier punctures. All beds need a spray in liner, and that should be standard equipment. But clearly that is a less durable bed.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change is hard; everything is a tradeoff; etc.

The new truck has been out for a couple of years now, so if punctured beds were a problem in the real world, we'd have heard about it.

Same with bolting stuff to the bed.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Change is hard; everything is a tradeoff; etc.

The new truck has been out for a couple of years now, so if punctured beds were a problem in the real world, we'd have heard about it.

Same with bolting stuff to the bed.

Bed durability in a truck should not be on a list of compromisable trade offs, that is sort of the main thing that makes a truck.