GEN 2 Allocations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over MSRP

I ran into a salesman at lunch today. He ask how I liked my Raptor and went on to say they had a black one with orange accents coming. Wants me to come talk trade. I ask him how they were gonna price it, he said 5 to 8k over MSRP. Claims other Ford Dealerships are calling and offering 4k over MSRP. Hope that helps ya'll looking.

There are a lot of honest dealers selling them for MSRP, I have even found allocations for 2017 but they cant build them with CA emissions.

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran into a salesman at lunch today. He ask how I liked my Raptor and went on to say they had a black one with orange accents coming. Wants me to come talk trade. I ask him how they were gonna price it, he said 5 to 8k over MSRP. Claims other Ford Dealerships are calling and offering 4k over MSRP. Hope that helps ya'll looking.

My dealer has received several calls on mine since it's listed on their website. Most are locators offering 4-5k over MSRP.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea seemed kinda odd to me. A Ford salesman, in a Firehouse sub, asking a Gen 1 owner about his truck, the Gen 1 owner saying no interest in Gen 2, and then you boldly say ya'll are gonna be waay over MSRP on the truck. Sorry, I left out on first post, he had no idea when the first one will arrive.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a stupid question but how much different are the CA emission versions to the other 49 state ones?

The CA version differs in that it's a dedicated "gun free zone", and when you step on the gas it goes "brrrrrruh brrrrrruh", which actually might sound better than the regular version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Might be a stupid question but how much different are the CA emission versions to the other 49 state ones?

I don't believe there is anymore, I'm sure all new Raptor are 50 state emissions compliant. Plus CA requires all new vehicles bought out of state to be smog tested at a certified checker before it can be licensed in the state.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe there is anymore, I'm sure all new Raptor are 50 state emissions compliant. Plus CA requires all new vehicles bought out of state to be smog tested at a certified checker before it can be licensed in the state.

Incorrect, see the emissions thread

To register in CA, you need the CA sticker under the hood - only comes if you spec'd CA emissions on your build

OP
OP
SOAKINRED

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CA emissions

I thinks CA is the same as 49 states for the most part, I know the Cats are different and it has a sticker that says CA emissions

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?...ntent_en/dmv/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr29

Buying a Vehicle From Out of State - Can You Register it in California? (FFVR 29)

PDF Version

The Bottom Line
If you are a California resident and acquire a new car, truck, or motorcycle from another state, it must be certified to meet California smog laws to be registered in California. This includes certain diesel-powered vehicles. DMV cannot accept an application to register a vehicle in California that does not qualify for registration (California Health and Safety Code §§43150 - 43156).

What Is Considered a New Vehicle?
California considers any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer at the time of purchase or trade by a California resident or business, to be a new vehicle. This is true whether or not the vehicle has been registered in another state.

Aren't All Vehicles California Certified?
Not all new vehicles are manufactured to be sold in California. Many manufacturers make vehicles to be sold only in the other 49 states. These vehicles (49-state) are made with smog equipment that meets federal emission standards, but not California standards. California-certified (50-state) vehicles are made to be sold in California.

Check the Label
To find out whether a car, truck, or motorcycle is California certified, check the emission label under the hood. For a motorcycle, check the frame or refer to your owner' s manual for the location. The label should read that the vehicle conforms to California regulations, or that it is legal for sale in California.

Exemptions
There are a few exemptions to the law. As a California resident, you may be able to register a 49-state vehicle if it was:

Obtained as part of a divorce, inheritance, or legal separation settlement.
Purchased to replace your California-registered vehicle that was stolen while you were using the vehicle out-of-state.
Purchased to replace your California-registered vehicle that was destroyed or made inoperative beyond reasonable repair while you were using the vehicle out of state.
An emergency vehicle, pursuant to California Vehicle Code § §27156.2 and 27156.3.
Registered by you in the state of your last active military service outside California.
A street motorcycle or motor-driven cycle year model 2005 and older, with an engine less than 50 cubic centimeters (cc) displacement. Beginning January 1, 2006, street motorcycles and motor-driven cycles year model 2006 and newer, with engines less than 50 cc displacement, require an emission label certifying them to meet U.S. Environmental Protection Agency emission regulations, and may be registered regardless of mileage.

emissions label.

Does This Apply to Someone Moving to California?
If you are moving to California from another state, you may register a new 49-state vehicle if it was first registered by you in your home state, or for military personnel, in the last state of your military service. When applying for vehicle registration in California, you must provide evidence that the vehicle was registered.

Vehicles Purchased From Out of the Country (Grey Market)
California has special requirements for vehicles imported from other countries (including Canada and Mexico). It may be very costly or impossible to modify these vehicles to meet California emission requirements and/or federal motor vehicle safety standards (FMVSS). No direct import vehicle less than two years old can be converted to California emission standards. Not all direct import vehicles over two years old can be converted to California emission standards and FMVSS. No motorcycle or diesel-powered vehicle can be converted to California emission standards. For details, contact the California Air Resources Board (ARB).

Drive Clean
Are you looking to reduce your carbon footprint, save money on gas or just contribute less to smog? DriveClean.ca.gov is California' s buying guide for clean and efficient vehicles. Since motor vehicles are responsible for more than half of the smog and global warming pollution in California, the vehicle you buy directly impacts air quality, global warming, and energy security.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Incorrect, see the emissions thread

To register in CA, you need the CA sticker under the hood - only comes if you spec'd CA emissions on your build

I purchased a brand new car from an out of state dealer this year. Was shipped to my door. I smog checked it, paid the sales tax, provided all the documenting to the DMV and the California title was mailed to me. It's done all the time.