Aftermarket lighting/battery issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

juannycat16

Reaction score
New to all of this so bear with me if I use incorrect terminology. Recently bought a 2023 Raptor w 37 pp used w 6,000 miles. Came with aftermarket ADD bomber front bumper and honey badger rear bumper. Rigid lights installed on each, and wired to the aux switches. Switches 2-5 controlled the lights and 1 and 6 appeared to not do anything. All Lights seemed to be working fine but my TPMS sensor was going off (different tires) and I also got a “front pre collision assist” not available. Took to the Ford dealership near me (not the one I bought it from as it’s far away) and they said something was malfunctioning in the lights that was drawing power even with aux switches off and tripping the sensors mentioned above. They are willing to try to troubleshoot and fix for me even with it being after market which I’m super thankful for. They replaced the battery and alternator and disconnected the lights until they can figure it out. Said I shouldn’t have any issues with sensors tripping now. Technician also mentioned the relays not working properly but he said a lot of things and I didn’t understand all of it. This past weekend, both sensors tripped again. TPMS and front pre collision assist. I’m waiting on Ford to call me back but coming here for input as well. I’m thankful Ford is willing to pay and fix but I’m also willing to just pay a shop myself if Ford hits a dead end on a solution. So also looking for suggestions on an Orlando area shop that you would recommend to trouble shoot and wire properly.

I love my truck and I’m beyond excited to be driving it.

Attachments

• IMG_8590.jpeg
    IMG_8590.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8589.jpeg
    IMG_8589.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 15

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot to unpack here. Pretty common for a dealership to just blame the aftermarket lights (mine did the same but it ultimately was solved by replacing the faulty original battery).

1) Aux 1 was used to control the factory fog/off road light so whoever installed the new lights probably used the other switches and left it disconnected. Aux6 might just not be used for anything.

2) I’d bet the pre collision fault has to do with moving the parking sensors and adaptive cruise control sensor when installing the new bumper. I’d doubt it has anything to do with the light install.

3) TPMS fault is a known issue, my truck used to do it a lot. Not sure if the there was a software update that addressed it. Again, not sure it has anything to do with your lights.

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 22 Gen 3 I had ADD Phantom front and rear bumper the pre collision fault is due to the senior being relocated from the factory position. It is very common problem with the ADD bumpers.

It needs to be recalibrated or adjusted I would skip the dealership and find a good off-road shop to adjust the senior and check your lighting wiring. The TPMS issue is a dealership fix.

The lighting wiring is pretty straightforward it's a basic 12V system you can call ADD and they can give you the exact sensior angle specs for the pre collision senior.

Off-road Warehouse installed my front bumper and worked with ADD to the get sensior angle correct. Mine was a little more tricky being I had them install the 6 Baja Designs squadrons behind the grill the lights blocked where the senior would mount so it had to be moved to a custom location.

Attachments

• IMG_19955.jpeg
    IMG_19955.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

gt350shelby

Reaction score
My 22 Gen 3 I had ADD Phantom front and rear bumper the pre collision fault is due to the senior being relocated from the factory position. It is very common problem with the ADD bumpers.

It needs to be recalibrated or adjusted I would skip the dealership and find a good off-road shop to adjust the senior and check you lighting wiring. The TPMS issue is a dealership fix.

The lighting wiring is pretty straightforward it's a basic 12V system you can call ADD and they can give you the exact sensior angle specs for the pre collision senior.

Off-road Warehouse installed my front bumper and worked with ADD to the get sensior angle correct. Mine was a little more tricky being I had them install the 6 Baja Designs squadrons behind the grill the lights blocked where the senior would mount so it had to be moved to a custom location.
That bumper looks sweet!

OP
OP
juannycat16

juannycat16

Reaction score
New to all of this so bear with me if I use incorrect terminology. Recently bought a 2023 Raptor w 37 pp used w 6,000 miles. Came with aftermarket ADD bomber front bumper and honey badger rear bumper. Rigid lights installed on each, and wired to the aux switches. Switches 2-5 controlled the lights and 1 and 6 appeared to not do anything. All Lights seemed to be working fine but my TPMS sensor was going off (different tires) and I also got a “front pre collision assist” not available. Took to the Ford dealership near me (not the one I bought it from as it’s far away) and they said something was malfunctioning in the lights that was drawing power even with aux switches off and tripping the sensors mentioned above. They are willing to try to troubleshoot and fix for me even with it being after market which I’m super thankful for. They replaced the battery and alternator and disconnected the lights until they can figure it out. Said I shouldn’t have any issues with sensors tripping now. Technician also mentioned the relays not working properly but he said a lot of things and I didn’t understand all of it. This past weekend, both sensors tripped again. TPMS and front pre collision assist. I’m waiting on Ford to call me back but coming here for input as well. I’m thankful Ford is willing to pay and fix but I’m also willing to just pay a shop myself if Ford hits a dead end on a solution. So also looking for suggestions on an Orlando area shop that you would recommend to trouble shoot and wire properly.

I love my truck and I’m beyond excited to be driving it.

Dealership advised today that a TSB may fix the issue. The DCACA inverter on the models with pro power . Fingers crossed. They also seemed to think the issue was causing a drain to the battery as the voltage on a week old battery was dipping down to 12V when it should be in excess of 13.5.

TSB is 24-2122
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Equipped With 2kW (Not 400W) DCACA Inverter (Minor Feature Code HUKAK) - Illuminated TPMS Indicator With DTC B124D:02 Stored In BCM