Addictive Desert Designs is at it again: New Raptor Rear Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright, I wanted to be positive (and I was). Now I'll be realistic.

First, I hesitate to call it a bumper. It's an arrangement of bent tubes that doesn't appear to provide any protection or esthetical enhancement (it's ugly).

The tubes look to be too small and dont' agree with the scale of the Raptor. The design of the thing is unattractive and seems to lack any real functionality except perhaps as a step.

I'm still glad they're trying to make a product for the Raptor. I just wish it was better executed.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not that anyone needs me to agree with them but:

1) They should have painted it, at least for marketing
2) $1200 is just too much, a boxed steel one for the LC is that much with a spare tire carrier
3) Yep, it is ugly. Though they could have cured that with paint.

Not bashing ADD but none of their designs have been appealing to me. It is good that they are designing for the Raptor which will hopefully lead to more/better products.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well they figure they are only going to sell a handfull of these things, so why bother with the design? How many Raptors are out there? Then find the few that want a new bumper. Then the ones that want thier bumper. Its them covering thier @$$ is all. If we all called up and asked for 200 of them Im sure we could get one helluva discount

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they figure they are only going to sell a handfull of these things, so why bother with the design? How many Raptors are out there? Then find the few that want a new bumper. Then the ones that want thier bumper. Its them covering thier @$$ is all. If we all called up and asked for 200 of them Im sure we could get one helluva discount

I hear what your saying but is that a fair price? Consider the cost of materials then bending those pipes and welding it, i am no expert in the auto industry but 40-50% margin is fair 100%+ is like a freakin dealership.

As a manufacture they should understand that first impressions can make or break a product and by releasing photos that are not painted or not all that appealing just kills the initial momentum of the new product.

In regards to why bother with the design? Well they did produce a design, just not a very good one. Pride of workmanship and design should rank pretty high on the priority list i think.

If the design rivaled the stock bumper or bettered it I think they could sell several hundred with ease.

just me 2 cents.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear what your saying but is that a fair price? Consider the cost of materials then bending those pipes and welding it, i am no expert in the auto industry but 40-50% margin is fair 100%+ is like a freakin dealership.

As a manufacture they should understand that first impressions can make or break a product and by releasing photos that are not painted or not all that appealing just kills the initial momentum of the new product.

In regards to why bother with the design? Well they did produce a design, just not a very good one. Pride of workmanship and design should rank pretty high on the priority list i think.

If the design rivaled the stock bumper or bettered it I think they could sell several hundred with ease.

just me 2 cents.
And I agree, but they dont know how big thier market is before they invest a lot of time and money into developing a good one. But the least they could have done was paint it.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree they should have painted the bumper but I'm going to hold off and see what happens. This could turn into something pretty cool.

Reaction score
I don't think it's fair to complain about paint when they are showing a tacked together prototype...

but I do agree that it should wrap under the bed corners better to protect them, as well as integrate a reciever tube and tow hooks or clevis mounts so all that stock stuff could be eliminated. Oh and relocate the trailer light plug in a good "protected" location.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I do agree that its WAY over priced, there is no reason why it has to be painted. A lot of guys in the dezert don't like paint on there tube work, some just like the looks of weld marks. Its very common to put linseed oil on the tube work...

Here is the bumper that I had a High End shop build me a few years ago, cost was $600 otd

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it should wrap under the bed corners better to protect them, as well as integrate a reciever tube and tow hooks or clevis mounts so all that stock stuff could be eliminated. Oh and relocate the trailer light plug in a good "protected" location.

Excellent points and certainly items that should be high on the list of priorities for a rear bumper re-design:

* Protect bed corners and rear end of vehicle
* Integrate a Class III receiver tube and tow hooks or clevis mounts
* Relocate the trailer light plug to a "protected" location

What else?

Lighter weight? Greater strength? More attractive design?