AC questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me it just feels like my air doesn't blow as hard as it should. We don't have cabin air filters from all I've researched. All speeds cycle properly, freon is perfect. I don't think I have anything in the vents anywhere. Anyone else ever experience this?

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Correct we do not have cabin air filters . BUT , Maybe you just have ALOT of debris build up in the permanent plastic cone filter in the dash/fire wall (accessed through engine bay behind ECU). This might give you an idea:

Thats what i was thinking too. Also hes got great videos :)

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I watched that video, I guess that's the only way to clean that....man that sucks to go through that to clean out that area. I could drop the blower motor but if it was in that area I'd hear the leaves and stuff I think. I know on my tundra you can if debris gets in that area. Guess I got a project to do. I don't think I'll install a filter but I will see if it's got debris.i would think if I'm just cleaning debris I wouldn't have to remote the wipers and all that.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was clogged evaporator, drilled a little hole in the heater box behind that Killmat-looking tape to see how bad (it was really bed, can post pics tomorrow from my comp), soaked with Simple Green and flushed with a water hose. Redneck solution perhaps but better than removing literally half the truck to replace that evap…A/C will freeze me out now even in 100F+ and 90% humidity.

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was clogged evaporator, drilled a little hole in the heater box behind that Killmat-looking tape to see how bad (it was really bed, can post pics tomorrow from my comp), soaked with Simple Green and flushed with a water hose. Redneck solution perhaps but better than removing literally half the truck to replace that evap…A/C will freeze me out now even in 100F+ and 90% humidity.
Yeah send me some pics, I know when we went to Florida it leaked on the passenger side a bit but it only did it once and hasn't done it since....

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok some of these pics are where I pulled the blower motor and shoved phone up there, but this is the intake side (RH) of the evaporator. Previous owner must have hated recirc and loved eating dust. Before:
IMG_0157.JPEG
Another:
IMG_0158.JPEG
Soaked with Simple Green:
IMG_0160.JPEG
Rinsed out:
IMG_0172.JPEG
Like you everything else checked out but the air flow just wasn't there; blower changes speed, all the doors open/close, freon/compressor good to go, even tried replacing the solid-state resistor thing. But all that crud on the evap just wouldn't let air through. BTW if you get any condensation in the cab check the heater box drain, it's on the firewall just rear (and almost impossible to see) of the RH cylinder head, might be clogged and that's where all this water and debris I flushed out went. Good luck!

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So
Ok some of these pics are where I pulled the blower motor and shoved phone up there, but this is the intake side (RH) of the evaporator. Previous owner must have hated recirc and loved eating dust. Before:
View attachment 362131
Another:
View attachment 362132
Soaked with Simple Green:
View attachment 362133
Rinsed out:
View attachment 362134
Like you everything else checked out but the air flow just wasn't there; blower changes speed, all the doors open/close, freon/compressor good to go, even tried replacing the solid-state resistor thing. But all that crud on the evap just wouldn't let air through. BTW if you get any condensation in the cab check the heater box drain, it's on the firewall just rear (and almost impossible to see) of the RH cylinder head, might be clogged and that's where all this water and debris I flushed out went. Good luck!
So you removed the blower motor and this is what you could see inside with the phone. I replaced the harness and adapter that overheats on the truck already. Is the blower motor a pain to remove?