650 miles - CV busted - normal driving all on road.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I did understand that is what you meant; of course they’re not cannibalizing a built truck, but they’re also not diverting parts meant for the assembly line either. Imagine having to stop the assembly line long enough to move a truck out of the way. I’d imagine that is pretty costly all in; or if they caught it ahead of time, you’ve got enough inventory for say, 70 trucks except for some small number of parts - less than a dozen and you can build say 67. You have 99% of the parts for 3 trucks but can’t build them, now you get to store the parts or build with what you have minus the missing bits. Either is a cost.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a consumer. When my truck is in for work, I’m not trying to hear “3 weeks for parts”, I’m trying to hear ‘your truck will be done in 4.5 -5 hours.
I’m also not trying to hear “nationwide backorder”, “not available from any source”, or similar phrases.

This has been a thing since 2017 and probably before. If you lose a hard part in a transfer case, good luck. It’s unique to the Raptor and for the few who have had a failure, it’s a bear to get parts in.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a cv bust a boot at 25K miles. I have the fox 3.0s so didn't want to bother with trying a warranty repair (it would have cost me nearly as much in the diagnostic fee, and then the dealer not cover it) . I had to do a ton of internet searching and found a seller on ebay selling new extended axles for raptors. Only 134 bucks with free shipping. Looked identical to the original, and been running fine for 3500 miles or so. I couldn't find an OEM ford CV anywhere.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I had a cv bust a boot at 25K miles. I have the fox 3.0s so didn't want to bother with trying a warranty repair (it would have cost me nearly as much in the diagnostic fee, and then the dealer not cover it) . I had to do a ton of internet searching and found a seller on ebay selling new extended axles for raptors. Only 134 bucks with free shipping. Looked identical to the original, and been running fine for 3500 miles or so. I couldn't find an OEM ford CV anywhere.

Now you have a spare. Reseal it and place in your offroad box.

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the part is really months out, I don't see why you couldn't talk the dealer into having the dealer either just put a new boot on it to hold it over or let you just run it the way it is since they are going to get you a whole new assembly. No harm to the truck either way and you still have a ride. I think over a certain amount of days (each state is different) they would have to lemon law it anyway so this way everyone wins. You don't want to lemon law it because then you probably won't have a new truck for another year.

On a similar note, my Cayenne Turbo has been at Porsche since Dec 17 waiting on a front right driveline assembly. Part is coming from Germany. Supposed to finally show up this week. Stuff breaks on all kinds of vehicles.

bled656

Reaction score
I waited for 2-3 months for the cv axle for my bronco…. Because there’s no parts available super annoying luckily i had my raptorand they gave me a loaner

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what are the circumstances surrounding lemon law? Texas btw.
My brand new 2017 ended up with cracked transmission housing case after the roll-pin recall was complete. I am sure it was dealership caused. The internals of the transmission were fine, but the case would obviously leak transmission oil as soon as you hit operating temperatures.

Just like your truck no transmission cases existed and was told 1 - year on back order. Instead it was ran up the Ford “emergency” list. It was a slow process but I eventually got a new transmission after the new truck sit on a lift at the dealership for almost 2 months.

You will get a replacement, but it will take some time. Get a loaner from them and drive it and your truck will be fixed and be fine. It sucks, but this stuff just happens, unfortunately.