50 mph roll sport mode.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe its just not drastic enought to change the tq numbers on paper. but goose is seeing almost a 100 ft lbs more then a stock gen 2.
Im pretty sure his dyno is tuned wrong/ wrong road load terms F terms. I saw his video. There is no way the truck is making 510 ft.lbs at the wheels. It makes 510 at the crank as per Ford. not at the wheels.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure his dyno is tuned wrong/ wrong road load terms F terms. I saw his video. There is no way the truck is making 510 ft.lbs at the wheels. It makes 510 at the crank as per Ford. not at the wheels.
I saw it too and have seen several other Gen2s and Gen3s dynoed.

If we even look at Hennesey's base runs:

Gen2 365/422
Gen3 361/458

This is closer to what I've personally seen.

That video shows +20hp and + 50ft/lbs torque, which points to a calibration issue. The Gen3 makes more torque, we all know that. But not 500* at the wheels. Nor does it have a 20+HP bump at the wheels lol

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Peak numbers mean nothing when it comes to torque management algorithms in the ECU.

If the Gen 2 had it's nuts cut via TM for traction reasons, or to protect a particular component that has now been strengthened, or whatever the reason was- then the Gen 3 could very well have a ton more low end simply b/c Ford is not yanking timing to reduce torque output. I think the obvious thing to try is to flash a Gen 3 tune onto a Gen 2 and compare that to the same Gen 2 with it's stock tune.

The Vette guys have ben fighting TM big time for years. GM pulls a ton power in the lower gears to protect the IRS and transaxle.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll trust reports from a vendor who relies on dyno numbers to secure customers……
Ok blind sheep.

He doesn't own the dyno. He drove like an hour to go to rent/use their dyno so he can do this spark tuning. That's all he did, advanced and retarded spark while keeping manifold charge temperature (MCT) in check.

he isn't doing some rocket science here.

Also, the fact that you choose to trust a random dyno shops calibration and tuning vs what the FORD OEM tells you is beyond me. You're truly lost.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw it too and have seen several other Gen2s and Gen3s dynoed.

If we even look at Hennesey's base runs:

Gen2 365/422
Gen3 361/458

This is closer to what I've personally seen.

That video shows +20hp and + 50ft/lbs torque, which points to a calibration issue. The Gen3 makes more torque, we all know that. But not 500* at the wheels. Nor does it have a 20+HP bump at the wheels lol
That's more like it, I also agree.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im interested to see some more dyno sheets to see whose purse is swinging in the right direction here