'24 Ventilated Seats - Higher Pitched Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaoKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

On my 3rd 3rd gen with my '24 and came across something that I didn't experience in either of my other trucks. Remote started the truck today and the passenger side ventilated seats sound much different than the already noisy "normal" seat in the drivers seat. Passenger side sounds almost whiny/high pitched and you can audibly hear the fan as it stops when you turn the feature off.

Anyone else?

OP
OP
GaoKS

GaoKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has done this from day one. The dealer is going to look at it later this month.
Heard. Well, let me know what you find out. We're in the middle of a move so it'll be later for me when I can get it in.

does it sound normal when someone is sitting in it?
No.. I guess ill give it a shot! Didn't consider that.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a friend's '23 had this issue with the passenger seat from day one. he had something replaced and its no longer an issue

Finlay150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 24 drivers side does this. It's sporadic so it's harder to get an appt to address it. The pass side is quiet. The drivers side sounds like it's trying to take off sometimes.

OP
OP
GaoKS

GaoKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Circling back here all. I isolated the noise in my seat to the upper portion of the seat near the lumbar. Literally pushed into the seat back a bit and the noise went away. Would assume the fan motor is/was in a position to cause the noise.

Not exactly confidence inspiring.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Circling back here all. I isolated the noise in my seat to the upper portion of the seat near the lumbar. Literally pushed into the seat back a bit and the noise went away. Would assume the fan motor is/was in a position to cause the noise.

Not exactly confidence inspiring.
At least you found it and can now address it if it continues. That's a win. I'd not let something small like that ruin your confidence. There will be other things that go wrong to accomplish that.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another quality feature of the MY24 trucks.... ugh

The shear level of QC drop is alarming.