24 Sport Mode engaging 4wd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me clarify. When I first received the truck I put it in sport and it automatically went into 4wd. So I pushed 2wd and it switched. So I saved it in R mode. Done
R mode doesn’t count. I think what we’re talking about here is if you just put it in normal sport mode, it should default to 4A. It allows you to change to 2H from there though no problem.

robl3577

Reaction score
My 23 R goes into 4A when you switch it to sport also. At first I would switch it back to 2wd, then realized there is a purpose. Damn thing just has so much power it needs 4A to keep the tires under you when you get on it.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard that driving in 4a was bad for the truck in normal dry pavement. But is that only with 4h/l on the super duty differential.my r also defaults to 4a I. Sport mode as well.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I heard that driving in 4a was bad for the truck in normal dry pavement. But is that only with 4h/l on the super duty differential.my r also defaults to 4a I. Sport mode as well.
No 4H or 4L on pavement. 4A is perfectly fine on dry pavement.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that 4A just put the truck in 4 high or 4 low, automatically based on use? Is this totally separate drive function?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that 4A just put the truck in 4 high or 4 low, automatically based on use? Is this totally separate drive function?
4A=awd where power is distributed to the front axle via clutch packs.

4H/4L=4wd where the transfer case mechanically locks the front and rear driveshafts.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whole new world for you now!! AWD (4A) is awful nice on slick pavement… awesome in the rain! Actually what i use in most snow too.