2024 Steering Wheel Defect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Recently purchased new Raptor 37 from a dealership about 60 miles from my hometown... (last Friday). Upon getting the truck home, I noticed a cut in the steering wheel near the LH side buttons. I took the truck to my local dealership, and was told their was nothing they could do. Is this true?

The truck has less than 250 miles. Anyone have experience, with filing warranty claim with a dealership you didn't buy from?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20240717_142224.jpg
    20240717_142224.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 20240717_142218.jpg
    20240717_142218.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 137
OP
OP
S
Reaction score
HighwaySentinel... thanks!

I reached out to the dealership I purchased my truck from to see if they could assist. They've forwarded pic on to whoever.

They told me my local dealership "should" be able to help, but probably don't want to; because I didn't buy from them

NACHOMASTER

Reaction score
HighwaySentinel... thanks!

I reached out to the dealership I purchased my truck from to see if they could assist. They've forwarded pic on to whoever.

They told me my local dealership "should" be able to help, but probably don't want to; because I didn't buy from them

That’s right, they could help you if they wanted to. Do you have another dealer located near you?

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
That’s right, they could help you if they wanted to. Do you have another dealer located near you?

Yeah, I do... I may check with the other local dealer tomorrow.

I've already contacted the dealer I purchased the truck from, but they're 70 miles away. I really don't want to have take it back there due to the distance.

I contacted Ford Customer service as well. I was told, it was best to take it back to the dealer I purchased it from

It's kind of crazy your purchase 90k truck, and that's the customer service you get

Daneger

Reaction score
I feel your pain, I just hand washed my truck for the first time and noticed the driver side rear window had been cleaned with a worn razor blade and the whole window was scratched. My dealer didn’t want to replace the window but after talking to the GM and noting how pristine my Land Cruiser was that I traded in they came to realize I not trying pull anything over on them.

Definitely go back to your purchasing dealer, they should have no problem warranting the steering wheel.

TheC-Don

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain, I just hand washed my truck for the first time and noticed the driver side rear window had been cleaned with a worn razor blade and the whole window was scratched. My dealer didn’t want to replace the window but after talking to the GM and noting how pristine my Land Cruiser was that I traded in they came to realize I not trying pull anything over on them.

Definitely go back to your purchasing dealer, they should have no problem warranting the steering wheel.
I’m dealing with the exact same issue…

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That doesn't look like a cut to me, but the first stress mark in the leather.

My wheel has gained many stress marks over the last 2 years.
Same here. Personally, don't think I would make a hour's drive for this. Some folks are more a n a l than others I suppose.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. Personally, don't think I would make a hour's drive for this. Some folks are more a n a l than others I suppose.
The dealership is going to reply, "Its leather...it wrinkles...sorry?"

That said, the steering wheel on neither of the Lexus IS/NX cars that we had resembled these type of wrinkles after many more miles of use. So i'm sure Ford is using rat leather for the wheel, but they aren't going to fix it for that.

If they do, it will be a 1 time replacement. The next wrinkle that shows up, they will tell you where to shove that thumb.