2024 Markup…?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXAZGRY-R

Reaction score
So quick update on my experience with 2024 R:
Might have seen in another post, I was debating getting a 2023 to tie me over while I wait to get to the top of the queue for a '24 R.
After calling all the dealers that I was added to the lists Oct 23 for a 24' (incl. 2 with $1K deposits) and being told no allocations in sight (I'm around #15/#18 on two of the lists so probably looking at 2025) I decided to buy a '23 R - Azure Gray.
Literally the following day the dealer calls me (Northside ford, SA TX) to say they've got an allocation, do I want it?

The conversation via text went like this (abbreviated):
In the Morning:
Dealer: We have a '24 R allocation, do you want it?
Me: Yes, whats the ADM?
Dealer: $35K
Me: OK, No problem, what would you give me for my brand new '23 R
Dealer (after getting pics, vin etc) $120K trade.
Me: OK, sounds good.
Noon:
Dealer: My manager is saying '24s are a big step over '23s so ADM increasing to $40K.
Me: OK
Late Afternoon:
Dealer: OK my manager has come back saying $50K ADM on 24's.
Me: OK, Send me my deposit back (plus shared a few other thoughts - we've purchased over 5 new trucks from this dealer over the last 4 years so I wasn't an unknown buyer by any means).

Bottom line, heard from 2 dealers here with allocations that they aren't budging under $50K ADM for their first allocations.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I paid xplan for my gen1 and gen2. I just inquired for an R. Let’s see if I tell them to pound salt or buy the truck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So quick update on my experience with 2024 R:
Might have seen in another post, I was debating getting a 2023 to tie me over while I wait to get to the top of the queue for a '24 R.
After calling all the dealers that I was added to the lists Oct 23 for a 24' (incl. 2 with $1K deposits) and being told no allocations in sight (I'm around #15/#18 on two of the lists so probably looking at 2025) I decided to buy a '23 R - Azure Gray.
Literally the following day the dealer calls me (Northside ford, SA TX) to say they've got an allocation, do I want it?

The conversation via text went like this (abbreviated):
In the Morning:
Dealer: We have a '24 R allocation, do you want it?
Me: Yes, whats the ADM?
Dealer: $35K
Me: OK, No problem, what would you give me for my brand new '23 R
Dealer (after getting pics, vin etc) $120K trade.
Me: OK, sounds good.
Noon:
Dealer: My manager is saying '24s are a big step over '23s so ADM increasing to $40K.
Me: OK
Late Afternoon:
Dealer: OK my manager has come back saying $50K ADM on 24's.
Me: OK, Send me my deposit back (plus shared a few other thoughts - we've purchased over 5 new trucks from this dealer over the last 4 years so I wasn't an unknown buyer by any means).

Bottom line, heard from 2 dealers here with allocations that they aren't budging under $50K ADM for their first allocations.
BINGO

1705359563774.png

SVT2014

Reaction score
I drove my kid home from the hospital in a 2014 Raptor I bought for him the day before to drive him home in and give to him when he turns 16. We take fantastic care of it, it is black, I've painted the bumpers and sides to match the truck and have a nice leveling kit on it and bigger tires and rims. It looks new from 5 feet away :) My kid is 9 now. I was able to put in a build for a 2024 Raptor R this January and originally went with Avalanche gray, but something felt off. These are tintended o be father son trucks, though my kid is only 9 now. :) I called and had them change the color to black, getting the sun roof, engine heater and the spray in bed liner. I will use it, but I am not going to do anything like have done with my 2014 :) I have agreed to pay 30k over and can somewhat justify it as they will eventually stop making these things. I can see how some people think it is nuts to pay above MSRP, but it is simply supply and demand. The Raptors have a long standing and loyal fan base, the TRX is a fantastic truck, but exists because of the Raptor and while an awesome truck, didn't stay for long. I have never driven a TRX, but I know all of my 9 year old kid's friends know what a Raptor is. I think the guys that scoop up the final edition TRX models will find they will hold their value. While I have to pay 30 over on a 113k truck, it might go down as their most powerful one ever, or maybe not, but eventually these will stop being made. I figure if I take good care of it, it won't depreciate much. We had an order in for a Cybertruck, which I think is ugly but figured it would be different. I would much rather get this, it's better for the planet.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

Pictures, or you’re getting matching priuses. Or is it priuii? IDK but

oh, and Bingo!
1708355349880.png

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know lots of people who paid 100k over for a gt3 Porsche and some of special cars (911 ST or sport classic they are getting 250k over)

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the days of 4.0 gts boxters for under 100K used ….. not happening any time soon. I really want one of those.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People need to stop paying over msrp. What happened to offering less than msrp? It would go away if people refused to pay. I know these are exclusive models, wtf