2024 A/C Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LargeNinCharge
Reaction score
There is an HVAC software update for 2024 models, it’s part of a TSB.
Do you have any information on this update? I picked the truck up on July 8th, and the salesman said all the modules had been updated. Is it part of the dealer's PID or pre-sale process to update the truck's modules?

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have any information on this update? I picked the truck up on July 8th, and the salesman said all the modules had been updated. Is it part of the dealer's PID or pre-sale process to update the truck's modules?
Salesman generally are pretty clueless, I’d want to hear from the service department in regards to what has been updated.

pilot545

Reaction score
I’ve noticed the AC in general is weak. I came from a 2018 Platinum and the AC was seriously one of the best I’ve ever had in a vehicle. Not so with this Gen 3 Raptor (2023).

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve noticed the AC in general is weak. I came from a 2018 Platinum and the AC was seriously one of the best I’ve ever had in a vehicle. Not so with this Gen 3 Raptor (2023).
The real question is what is the bottle neck or issue with the Gen 3 AC? Can another AC unit from another vehicle be used?

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was in the shop for ~2 months in 2022 for this issue. Was an evap part behind the dash that needed to be replaced because it would freeze up.