2021 Gen 3 Eibach Front Leveling Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I did think it would feel stiffer but I did not notice much difference. But I did the collar after having the truck a week, so I didn't have much time in it to compare to. I also use sport mode a lot because I like the truck a little stiffer, corners better with less roll.

I would like to hear what you think of the springs when you do them.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did think it would feel stiffer but I did not notice much difference. But I did the collar after having the truck a week, so I didn't have much time in it to compare to. I also use sport mode a lot because I like the truck a little stiffer, corners better with less roll.

I would like to hear what you think of the springs when you do them.
I will definitely post a detailed review.

I can say that with the stock rebound damping off the Fox shocks and the added preload of the collar, you may notice harsher down travel when the suspension drops. Whether you go with collars or springs, it really is just a band aid for a bit more cosmetic lift, but it does negatively affect handling from how the OEM setup was designed. I am just doing the Eibach 1" as it will give me a lot more down travel, so I hope that it will handle a bit better for my needs. As soon as Fox, King or Icon come out with some replacement shocks, I’ll be buying a set.

Last edited:

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to Tanner at Eibach and he said the new Gen3 springs will be out on Jan 4th or 5th, 2023

Stock Gen 3 spring rate is 546 and the new Eibach Gen 3 springs will be a spring rate of 600. These new springs will be offered in 1" level and 2.5" lift with 1.5" rear lift option. Previous Gen 2 springs are identical length but spring rate is 550 so they are a bit softer than the new version. Hope this helps answer some questions for you guys

MC
Are you saying that the Gen3 (1.0") springs or the (2.2") are the same length as the Gen2 springs? I would think the 2.2" are what you were referring to as the 1.0" springs only give 1.0" of lift. I would think the 1.0" spring would be about the same length as OEM.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not re set the ride height after perch collar, my truck rides great. I do hear that it does need to be done after doing springs. Either use for-scan if you have it or most dealers can also do it. I did not notice any difference after the perch collar, truck rides just like stock.
I would either have the dealer recalibrate the shocks or use FORScan. I believe for the Fox Live Valves to work properly (dampening) they need to know the level "Zero" starting point (FORScan shock level should be close 0mm). My truck springs had settled so my starting point was way off (lower - see pic below) to begin with. Probably explains why I kept hearing loud banging noises when hitting full extension in big woops. So if you change the ride height by 1" - 2" by adding spacers or new springs you will have changed the Zero point by a corresponding amount. May ride ok on smooth roads but bumps turns etc not so much.

Before
Screenshot_20230306_175723_Gallery.jpg

After
Screenshot_20230306_203736_Gallery.jpg

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock OEM shocks were designed and tuned to work with the factory springs, at factory preload. When you increase tension by creating preload, or putting in a lift spring, you decrease down travel and increase the spring rate. The shocks are not designed to provide the down travel or damping necessary to adequately dampen the increased force of collars or springs. You will unequivocally decrease drivability and handling as all these sorts of lifts are for cosmetic purposed, NOT to increase the trucks performance. If you want to increase performance, you need to wait for a set of bolt in coilovers from Fox, King or Icon. You can also go all out and send it to custom fab shop to do new coil buckets and longer arms, tie rods, axels, bump stops and limiting straps to get crazy more travel.

This is why I am going with the Eibach 1" springs as they are very mild lift, and the negative affects of lifting will be subtle and I can have a solution that subtly lifts me while still maintaining some positive aspects of pleasurable drivability.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are my notes from using FORScan for the first time. Thanks to BLWN for the original post.

FORScan Fox Shock Recalibration for 2019 - 2020. Neutral procedure has changed for Gen3.
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/how-to-2019-live-valve-recalibration-forscan.82737/

1) Put the truck in neutral. The Gen3 Neutral Procedure can be found on page 285-286 in the owners manual.
2) Put the truck into Engineering Test mode (ET) per FORScan. (see pic below)
3) Follow the FORScan Fox Shock Recalibration for 2019 - 2020 procedures above.

Screenshot_20230306_174002_Gallery.jpg

FORScan Home
https://forscan.org/home.html?fbclid=IwAR0oK2rew_-bmcnQs1ae72G7Q2xZWh9R6V_6mFJhlCSjKPxcfBivLK7fBQA

F150 Forums FORScan Tutorials
https://www.f150forum.com/f129/forscan-14th-gen-f150s-481816/

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock OEM shocks were designed and tuned to work with the factory springs, at factory preload. When you increase tension by creating preload, or putting in a lift spring, you decrease down travel and increase the spring rate. The shocks are not designed to provide the down travel or damping necessary to adequately dampen the increased force of collars or springs. You will unequivocally decrease drivability and handling as all these sorts of lifts are for cosmetic purposed, NOT to increase the trucks performance. If you want to increase performance, you need to wait for a set of bolt in coilovers from Fox, King or Icon. You can also go all out and send it to custom fab shop to do new coil buckets and longer arms, tie rods, axels, bump stops and limiting straps to get crazy more travel.

This is why I am going with the Eibach 1" springs as they are very mild lift, and the negative affects of lifting will be subtle and I can have a solution that subtly lifts me while still maintaining some positive aspects of pleasurable drivability.
I mean your points are all valid, on paper. However, trying to determine between 1.5" collars or 1" Eibach lift springs is splitting hairs 99% of people will likely not notice. Are you really going to notice a 1/2" of decreased down travel, I doubt it. I think some of your assessment are more around when you get into 2-3" lift collars and/or large increased in spring rates. Raising rates by 50Lbs or increasing preload 1/2" is within the margins of these shocks considering their range of adjustment. Each of the "dampening" ranges have more than enough room to accommodate. I've spent a lot of time off-road to learn on paper fractions seem like a lot. The true point is nowhere on-road will you notice a very very small amount of decreased down travel. Likewise off-road unless your running 9/10ths or higher on difficult terrain it's going to be hard to tell unless your a factory level racer. Ask yourself this, how do you think many of the factory level dirt bikes, UTV's, and heck even U4 cars adjust/manage ride height/sag...

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean your points are all valid, on paper. However, trying to determine between 1.5" collars or 1" Eibach lift springs is splitting hairs 99% of people will likely not notice. Are you really going to notice a 1/2" of decreased down travel, I doubt it. I think some of your assessment are more around when you get into 2-3" lift collars and/or large increased in spring rates. Raising rates by 50Lbs or increasing preload 1/2" is within the margins of these shocks considering their range of adjustment. Each of the "dampening" ranges have more than enough room to accommodate. I've spent a lot of time off-road to learn on paper fractions seem like a lot. The true point is nowhere on-road will you notice a very very small amount of decreased down travel. Likewise off-road unless your running 9/10ths or higher on difficult terrain it's going to be hard to tell unless your a factory level racer. Ask yourself this, how do you think many of the factory level dirt bikes, UTV's, and heck even U4 cars adjust/manage ride height/sag...
1/2” is quite a bit, especially when all of it is down travel. I can say with my 1.5” collars, my suspension tops out and thuds down more than I feel comfortable with when driving on the street. Now Las Vegas it seems every road is under construction, and there are a ton of pot hole, road imperfections and elevation changes. However when your suspension needs to drop quickly, it will thud down. I know it’s be worse with a 2.25” collar as well. The compression is just slightly increased and tolerable, but the loss of down travel is not acceptable to me. Most people who buy raptors unfortunately use them as mall crawlers, but if you use it like to should be used and take it offroad, what I am talking about would be even worse.

I am not saying the springs will be a lot better, but I am gambling that they will be based on the fact I’ll get more down travel. I hope I don’t go through all the charade of uninstall and reinstall to have no benefit in drivability. However if it still sucks, I’ll just wait for the Factory Series coilovers to be released hopefully soon.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Playing devils advocate here, there are clear advantages to Factory Series coil overs over OEM. However, how do you think they achieve 0-2in of lift?

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Playing devils advocate here, there are clear advantages to Factory Series coil overs over OEM. However, how do you think they achieve 0-2in of lift?
They have top out limiters and FAR MORE rebound damping for the higher rate spring. They are tuned to work as a unit, just like the OEM strut and OEM spring. You start ******* with shit, and it doesn’t work as intended, plain and simple.