2021 Gen 3 Eibach Front Leveling Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious what amount of lift you get out the Camburg. It seems all brands of collars provide different amounts of lift. The Allen heads hold the perch collar together but the pre load weight is really held by the groove the collar snaps into when you remove the OEM clips. The collar has a groove it seats into. I have not heard of collars failing though.

Remember to save the OEM clips that hold the stock perch, if you ever want to run springs you will nerd the clips back. I learned this the hard way, I didn't get mine back after installing perch collars.
I got more than 2”, I am disappointed as the front is a good bit higher than the rear.
I am taking them off and doing the Eibach 1” springs to lower it down a smidge.

Attachments

• 8A53A656-0595-4EAF-B8E6-AE440884ACE8.jpeg
    8A53A656-0595-4EAF-B8E6-AE440884ACE8.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 75

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I did RPG 1.5 collar and I actually got about 1.1 inches out of it. For my truck that made it exactly level. I am sitting at 42.5" inches at all 4 corners. I would have done springs but they were not available when I did mine. I have heard ICON are more lift, that is why I asked. Good luck with the springs.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did RPG 1.5 collar and I actually got about 1.1 inches out of it. For my truck that made it exactly level. I am sitting at 42.5" inches at all 4 corners. I would have done springs but they were not available when I did mine. I have heard ICON are more lift, that is why I asked. Good luck with the springs.
I already bought the 1.0” Eibachs and am putting them on when they come in next week.
I wish I got the RPG to begin with as it may have saved me from doing it twice.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I measured again today my truck sits at 43” at 3 corners and 43.25” at the front right. I howver want it to be about 1/2” lower in the front due to carrying loads and accelerating. So I still will be switching to the Eibach springs.

scottybs

Reaction score
Probably beaten to death, but any talks of an ”HD” coil spring like what Deaver does with leaf springs? I would jump on a plus 1” set up for a 300 lb load.

swilly

Reaction score
Do you have to do any "reset" to the shocks whenever you install RPG collar / eibach springs? Someone mentioned to me that shocks need to be reset. Can that be done manually or a shop adjust (if needed)?

I had Eibachs on my tacoma and it was a little stiff, but from what I've read I guess no difference in ride quality with Eibach 1" and the RPG collars.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I did not re set the ride height after perch collar, my truck rides great. I do hear that it does need to be done after doing springs. Either use for-scan if you have it or most dealers can also do it. I did not notice any difference after the perch collar, truck rides just like stock.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not re set the ride height after perch collar, my truck rides great. I do hear that it does need to be done after doing springs. Either use for-scan if you have it or most dealers can also do it. I did not notice any difference after the perch collar, truck rides just like stock.
I can say unequivocally that a perch will ride stiffer than without. When you increase preload, you stiffen the spring. I have 1.5” collars and they do stiffen the ride for sure, not uncomfortably, but for sure stiffer.

I actually am switching them out for 1” springs as I have about 200lbs of added weight in my bed due to bed liner, tonneau, mountain bike racks, etc. so I want a little less lift so I don’t sag in the rear when carrying loads and such.

I’ll be selling my Fox orange collars after I get my new springs installed.