2020 Third gear stutter and now slipping with something blinking by tach.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slicksilver8

Reaction score
I only use manual mode when driving and I love to get on it with 4,000 to 5,500 rpm shifts.Well one morning I stomped the gas and when I shifted into third it did a shift and a pause and shift like a small slip, and then the next day I noticed it again, well now I was driving a little more mellow on the gas and it did a long slip going into third and something was blinking on the dash to the right of the tach down near the bottom ,I’m assuming it’s the wrench , my eyes can’t see it very clear when it happened , I think it’s starting to shift harder into each gear 1-5 . Is it a possibility it could be something easy like a shift solenoid or ? I’m going to get an auto parts store to look for a code but they are sometimes generic not specific , before paying 100 deductable for my warranty . Thanks for any input. Truck only has 20,000 miles

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Input is stop driving it like that dude, if you’re serious about driving strictly in manual mode for “only” 20k miles….thats a helluva a lot of wear/tear on the TC & clutch packs…could be something simple like solenoid but if you’re under warranty why even F around at all? Bring it in asap get the issue documented & in fords system so even if it’s not a big mechanical issue now, in the event there is & you’re closer to warranty expiration you already have something on record

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The blinking on the dash is the truck crying for help. :help:

For this purpose, don't drive your prius like a racecar