2019 Raptor MPG survey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KCRaptor643

KCRaptor643

Reaction score
Folks, thank you for the responses. The reason why I asked was that currently Ford is getting sued by owners of F150 for MPG fraud. I believe everyone here should conduct manual calculation, rather than rely on the onboard system. Like JPW member, I believe onboard system over reports MPG even in our Raptors.

Leo

Reaction score
I dnt even look at my mileage. If i was was gonna be concerned about gas i wud have bought a 4 cyl nissan. These trucks are not driven to be considering greenhouse effects. They are machines that are beastly. Picture the Rock on veggy diet.....not gonna happen. Drive it, love it or get rid of it.... go buy urself a non 4x4 prious...or wutever theyr called.

OP
OP
KCRaptor643

KCRaptor643

Reaction score
I, too, avg somewhere in mid 13's in city and mid 16's in hwy. The point isn't about we shouldn't care about MPG when driving Raptor, but the issue of a company that lied in order to inflate MPG.

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t buy it for gas mileage. I bought for enjoyment. My F350 crewcab diesel got better I think.

My mileage on the truck says about 16 and that is combined driving. I run 92 or 93 octane.

I can’t measure the smiles per mile and that is why I drive it.

Squrtcap

Reaction score
In over 50 years of driving mostly new vehicles, I never got what the manufacturer mpg was rated for. The fact is variables in locations, climate, driving conditions and how much pedal is used on take off and accelerating, always give different mpg.
If you drive like an egg was between the gas pedal and your foot you may get the mpg ratings.
I average 17 in my ‘18 and that is not bad.
With my ‘98 F250 LD, in town 13 and combined 15, with a 5.4 and almost 1000 pounds less.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I, too, avg somewhere in mid 13's in city and mid 16's in hwy. The point isn't about we shouldn't care about MPG when driving Raptor, but the issue of a company that lied in order to inflate MPG.

That’s a big leap to make, given the ‘your mileage may vary’ disclaimer. I certainly don’t want to see consumers get rooked, but I also don’t like having to pay more money for my vehicles because of frivolous and frankly stupid lawsuits.

exhaust leaking into explorers? damn dangerous, worth suing.
fuel economy not meeting owner expectations?

zhengyucoo

Reaction score
14.3 combined mix with 70% highway at 75miles/hr. A crap load of things modded on my truck tho and with 37s.

SOC5542

Reaction score
Well I’m at an average of 12mpg. It is modified with Tune on 93, AFe intake, race intercooler, turbo smart blow off( sounds awesome), full exhaust from Velocity AP(if I have valve open mileage goes down to 10.5). Plus I’m rolling in 37x13.50’s with 4” Fabtech lift. So mileage is to be expected. But I took it from 450 stock to 625. So no complaints here on mileage. I love this beast... best truck ever.

Dusty

Reaction score
1300 miles now. Steady at 15.5 no matter how I drive it. Surprises me that many of you are getting a full mile or more.