GEN 2 2017 Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On December 23 my truck would not engage reverse and power steering went out after the "electronic wizard's" remotely programmed. My truck is now in the shop (12 bay Ford Dealership with Raptors on the lift...My lower A Arm slot delete through a curve ball at the mechanic and it looks like he took his ball peen hammer out on it
.Powdercoat is hammered..literally

OP
OP
Mikee Martin

Mikee Martin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck is still at the local Ford Dealer. Transmission is completely dissassembled(SP)....no parts..

Has anyone built a trans.? Is the
McLeod Racing 88198
The best kit or does anyone know what clutch, steel, and or valve body pllus control unit to use??? Please tell me how to build and or make a bulletproof trans that shifts well..I am installing the billet cooler bypass valve to run trans. cooler all the time..

Thank You

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn, can't they get you a new transmission. Good luck trying to find something else to work with Fords electronics. Sorry you're still without your truck, sad.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is this “electronic wizards remote programming” you speak of? What mods do you have?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is this “electronic wizards remote programming” you speak of? What mods do you have?

Based on some of the O.P's post history......

The truck is a 2017 Gen 2 Raptor..I posted in Gen 1 by accident..Thank You for your advice, I am grateful to have some help...I have a custom tune and like an idiot I tried to reprogram the tune to temporarily remove a problem the active transmission developes over time. I updated the SCT firmware and then re loaded the tune. When the tuner smiled at me and said have fun, reverse was going in and out. Non driveable. Need a tune E mailed to me using my truck and tune box info. Please call me, ill pay any way you want. Thank You.

Mike Martin 831 760 2701 [email protected].

As I opened this forum I saw the following quote from another thread, it tells a bit more of the story..

"You would need to have your tuner build the file using the latest Ford PCM/TCM calibration. Otherwise as soon as you tune it the updated calibration will be overwritten."

Its even worse..LOL..You are absolutely correct..I want to go to Pismo Beach this weekend, so im late night auto shop..Wanted a quick fix, (reprogram and erase all computers memories, trans works for 6 months..) so I decided to reprogram. Unfortunately, I forgot that if I update to the latest version firmware, my tune, which made me delete all others due to CUSTOM TUNE..will make my custom tune corrupt. Well, when the SCT box completed programming and updating, reverse goes in and out while backing up, undriveable..need a tune Email tomorrow bad..Anyone who can help, I will pay for a tune Emailed, I will give all ECU information, vin, address, $$$..Thanks!!!

OP
OP
Mikee Martin

Mikee Martin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck had transmission rebuilt. It failed and is still at the dealership...LOL..im bummed, if I only had access to all of Fords software and a new transmission...
This shit is crazy...
I will never own an American car ever again

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck had transmission rebuilt. It failed and is still at the dealership...LOL..im bummed, if I only had access to all of Fords software and a new transmission...
This shit is crazy...

Unfortunately the parts are sourced from all over the planet. Maybe get yourself one of those Italian Dodge TRXs??

mhaynes772

Reaction score
This shit is crazy...

Mine's been at the dealer on the lift since 2nd week of January for trans and transfer case issues. Still waiting on parts that were backordered until Feb. Then March. Now April.