2017 Ford Raptor: High Resolution Photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nah, that would be too much power for a Ranger imo. Given the new EB has better numbers than the 6.2 I can't see Ford would do that. I think it's most appropriate for what they're doing in putting the 3.5 in the new Gen II Raptor.

Lol you're so full of shit, a v6 being too much power for a ranger! Considering people drop fi v8s in them. You just want to feed the narrative of the gen 2 **** you've been sucking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I see these pictures, have problems with the moonroof on the gen 1, let's make it bigger. The lack of a V8, Ford has seen that hashed to death on here. Those question and answer sessions with Ford were a complete joke, nothing substantial, IWE improvement? rear windows? the rest of the laundry list, nope what demographic they are going after, part of the F-150 family now, stupid shit. Then the elimination of SVT and the new Raptor a regular production vehicle. My concern with all this is the new Raptor got sold out to the marketing department and now you will see less of a purpose built vehicle and a more watered down what sells to the masses.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
So I see these pictures, have problems with the moonroof on the gen 1, let's make it bigger. The lack of a V8, Ford has seen that hashed to death on here. Those question and answer sessions with Ford were a complete joke, nothing substantial, IWE improvement? rear windows? the rest of the laundry list, nope what demographic they are going after, part of the F-150 family now, stupid shit. Then the elimination of SVT and the new Raptor a regular production vehicle. My concern with all this is the new Raptor got sold out to the marketing department and now you will see less of a purpose built vehicle and a more watered down what sells to the masses.

That is where the money is at. Owners who actually use the Raptor as it was intended for are the minority. With the Gen2 even more so. The Ford talking-points crowd clearly show that too.

They will spew all the juicy talking points without the slightest clue on how they are used... touting a computer that will do all the work for you while driving off-road is a cool option, huh bro? Nope, it just shows you don't know how to drive off-road. These people know nothing about off-roading and are just buying a sick F150 option and nothing more.

We have seen this time and time again and why would the Raptor be any different? However for the minority who will take their Raptor off-road, even if its for the first time in their lives, it will be a good starting point.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is where the money is at. Owners who actually use the Raptor as it was intended for are the minority. With the Gen2 even more so. The Ford talking-points crowd clearly show that too.

They will spew all the juicy talking points without the slightest clue on how they are used... touting a computer that will do all the work for you while driving off-road is a cool option, huh bro? Nope, it just shows you don't know how to drive off-road. These people know nothing about off-roading and are just buying a sick F150 option and nothing more.

We have seen this time and time again and why would the Raptor be any different? However for the minority who will take their Raptor off-road, even if its for the first time in their lives, it will be a good starting point.
To add onto your statement, we look cool in our raptors whether we off-road or not, there's a growing list of people who will pay large dollars to be one of the cool kids! Hence why the gen2 will be very popular regardless if it can outperform the gen1

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hence why the gen2 will be very popular regardless if it can outperform the gen1

It'll be more popular because it already does out perform the old Gen I. Ford has been testing and if they want to make trucks people want to buy then they have to make them better. And the new one is a hell of a lot better, so much more better. Let me just tell you they're going to sell like hot cakes. More hp AND torque, military grade aluminum, lighter by 500 lbs. And now it has these bead lock trim rings where all it takes is a center lock wrench in case you get a flat. Its all gravy man. The thinking man would sell their Gen I before the all new Gen II comes out. Resale is gonna tank imo.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Happens all the time. A company comes out with a car that may appeal to a small group of enthusiasts not expecting it to become a cult classic. When it does, they always make the following generation appeal to a larger mass to maximize profits and sell more vehicles and in the process, alienate the core of people that made the vehicle special to begin with and water down the product. I fkn hate when that happens. Not saying that the new Raptor wont be good, but you can tell its no longer a niche product.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
411 hp so they have to boost the new one to put out 412 at least um

This is still my gripe. So you make a high output TTV6 that makes and let's be real generous here 100hp more than the previous gen and it is already twin turboed. The 6.2 gets over 600hp with little boost from a supercharger. Where's the TTV8 high output motor that makes other trucks pee themselves with 700+hp. No one cares about low end torque in a desert running environment as you are in the high RPM's anyway.

Last edited: