2017 F-150 5.0 to Raptor build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dunerking

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful info! Like you mentioned I’ll probably stick to finding stock lower and upper control arms(unless I find a nice set of uppers used) and go with the Gen 2 shocks with corrected upper buckets from Camburg. Thanks again!
Not sure ADD is still making the kits? Or at least advertising them. Not sure if the kit was good or bad but they disappeared pretty quick. For a daily I would stay away from heims. If you were buying an off the shelf kit I'd go with Dirt Kings rubber bushing setup. It's basically Raptor width and travel numbers but you don't have to mess with coil buckets or run one oem shock vs another and you get 12" in the front. It's also setup for a bypass depending on what you want to do. Personally, and from the sounds of what you're trying to do, I'd go with OEM parts and use GEN1 shocks for a bolt and go situation or go with the KHC buckets GEN2 shocks.

OP
OP
D

Dunerking

Reaction score
Budget build and Raptor don't go in the same sentence.

Good luck and keep posting pictures of progress.
Kind of a oxymoron..but we’re trying to not spend crazy money…so far the stock suspension pieces haven’t seemed to be difficult to source or priced crazy..trying to decide what to do for front fenders..I like the idea of OEM Raptor but it may end up easier going with fiberglass.