2017 F-150 5.0 to Raptor build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dunerking

Reaction score
Hi FRF,new member here. Born and raised in So.Cal(Agua Dulce) and my son and I are going to do a F-150 to Raptor swap. He will be leaving next year for lineman school so we have some time to gather parts and rebuild shocks if necessary.
Truck is a 2017 SCAB 4x4 with the 5.0 motor. Trying to keep this at a somewhat budget build as he only has a part time job while playing Lacrosse.
I’m trying to steer him towards Gen 2 stock lower and upper CA’s and spend a little more for the best shocks we can afford(maybe 3.0’s)but he’s found a ADD mid travel kit that he’s interested in. Seems like a decent package with boxed LCA and UCA along with spindle.
We’re looking forward to any/all info.
I’ll try to minimize the Prius photos and stick to progress pics of this truck..

OP
OP
D

Dunerking

Reaction score
Stock 2017 STX 5.0 truck with 100k miles. Considering my son’s budget I’m thinking of trying to find Gen 2 take off parts..thinking of going with the proper upper front shock buckets to be able to run Gen 2 front shocks. But we’re wide open for help and guidance. Thanks FRF!

OP
OP
D

Dunerking

Reaction score
What’s the consensus of the ADD front mid travel kits? We were planning on going with stock upper and lowers for now. But would like to hear opinions if doing a mid travel kit would be a better direction. Was considering going the route of Deavers for the rear with stock Raptor shocks.

ModCo Wheels

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s the consensus of the ADD front mid travel kits? We were planning on going with stock upper and lowers for now. But would like to hear opinions if doing a mid travel kit would be a better direction. Was considering going the route of Deavers for the rear with stock Raptor shocks.
Not sure ADD is still making the kits? Or at least advertising them. Not sure if the kit was good or bad but they disappeared pretty quick. For a daily I would stay away from heims. If you were buying an off the shelf kit I'd go with Dirt Kings rubber bushing setup. It's basically Raptor width and travel numbers but you don't have to mess with coil buckets or run one oem shock vs another and you get 12" in the front. It's also setup for a bypass depending on what you want to do. Personally, and from the sounds of what you're trying to do, I'd go with OEM parts and use GEN1 shocks for a bolt and go situation or go with the KHC buckets GEN2 shocks.