2016 [2017*] Raptor test mule spy shots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still not a fan of the new body lines. And the intercooler location will look great packed full of mud and dirt. These pictures just look like a 2015 clone with aftermarket fenders to me.

I'm sure the truck will sell great, though. There are a lot of yuppies out there that want the next Urban Assault vehicle. I'm sure all of the Hummer H3's are getting a lot of miles on them about now.....

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after seeing the pics from that article. I feel like the bed ruins the truck. It sits too high on the cab and is far too bulky in comparison to the rest of the truck. The shot of the truck from the Front Left has the front end looking tiny but flowing well into the cab. Then the bed is just kind of bulbous and bulky looking and doesn't fit at all.

With a tweaked bed design I think it could be a great looking truck. The interior upgrades would almost tempt me to try for a gen2 but the v6 is making me stick with my plan to pick up a used gen1 when the gen2'***** the pavement and drive prices down

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
after seeing the pics from that article. I feel like the bed ruins the truck. It sits too high on the cab and is far too bulky in comparison to the rest of the truck. The shot of the truck from the Front Left has the front end looking tiny but flowing well into the cab. Then the bed is just kind of bulbous and bulky looking and doesn't fit at all.

With a tweaked bed design I think it could be a great looking truck. The interior upgrades would almost tempt me to try for a gen2 but the v6 is making me stick with my plan to pick up a used gen1 when the gen2'***** the pavement and drive prices down

Or they accounted for the fact we all put glass up front and the rear would look better once glass is put on. But agreed the pic angle is not doing anything good for it.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the wheels are a new bead lock design?

Looks like the headlight has the 'C' shaped led light that outlines the whole light and turns amber with the turn single.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm still going to buy one but not until at least 2018 to make sure a 5.2 Twin Turbo V8 Coyote doesn't get added in the mix. Plus once RPG and SVC get on top of the new goodies for it, oh boy watch out.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Brothers...

07ac0740-9b24-11e4-a53e-f78c68fb5ea9_2016-Ram-Rebel-6.jpg