2014 order status thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Called ford Ca DMV and nv DMV. Its a rule set by the dealer. I have a feeling they are hoping I back out of the sale so they can make more $ on the deal. Either way, I'm F and have to pay the CA sales tax and it won't ever be driven in CA.

Can you have them deliver it to NV? I would imagine transportation cost would be cheaper and just wire them the money. So according to what you found out if you pick it up in CA, you have to pay CA sales tax AND NV sales tax too when you register it? WTF...

c4sxm5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My intentions from the beginning were to have the truck picked up by a transporter and shipped to my business in NV and they were aware of this. The issue came up when I found out my truck was completed and on its way. I asked if we can get the final numbers ran so I can get the finances in order and that's when the no out of state selling came out.

Per dealer:"I know bro. It's not the dcm restrictions but it my owner rule. No outer state delivery."

VMAN

Reaction score
Funny enough, when I inquired about buying a car in CA, they told me the same BS. But I'm getting my new truck from Oregon and they are giving me a moving permit to get back to NV to register the truck. I assume that's what CA is SUPPOSE to do. Even though I'd love to pay Oregon's state tax. :)

This is how it works. You get a one way exemption and then register in your home state.

IronRakMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yet another reason why I will never live in California. They wonder why people are leaving that state by the hundreds. It's because of assinine crap like this.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Chris Crampton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yet another reason why I will never live in California. They wonder why people are leaving that state by the hundreds. It's because of assinine crap like this.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

And we are getting all the D-Bags coming in from the other states. ******* Prius drivers....

Just have it shipped out of state from the dealer and you won't have to pay the CA tax. Like others have said, take delivery in Nevada.

Or, Look at the tax base of the NV county its going to. If you have to pay the CA tax, it can be used to offset or pay the NV tax. Most likely the difference is going to be very slight. I looked at just leaving my truck reg in NV but the tax difference was not enough to reg there.

Last edited:

c4sxm5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, I am having the car shipped to NV. I am not driving the car off the lot or am I traveling to Ca to take possession of the truck. THE DEALER WONT SALE THE TRUCK UNLESS I PAY THE CA TAXES. Basically Morgan Hill is only giving me one choice and that's to pay the Ca sales tax on the truck or don't buy it at all. Shady business practice....

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought mine from Morgan hill and thought they were a class act. Isn't this something you should have figured out before you ordered from them? It sounds like that policy was in place all along.

c4sxm5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I originally placed the order there was never a question on where I was taking the car to or where I resided. I went upon the invoice dealers list via this forum and inquired to several dealerships in my vicinity in which Morgan Hill accepted my offer. My out of state status did come up 2-3 months into the wait when I inquired about trading in my 2012 raptor and no issue was brought to my attention at that time. As we are getting closer to delivery and I tried to get a hard figure on my trade and the total finances did this issue arise.

Either way its a non-issue at this point since it have no choice if I want the raptor that I ordered. If I would have known for the get go i would have weighed my decision with taxes in mind that's all.

Rmeir

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here some more
enejasyj.jpg
edyqana7.jpg
hyzene2u.jpg

2ejyva9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk