2014 order status thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I copied this from an article. It will explain the oil catch can and purpose.
I will be placing an oil catch can on mine right at the dealer lot.
For me it is a priority.

An oil catch can is used where excessive blow-by (leakage past the piston rings) of air and fuel vapor occurs. This creates a positive pressure in the crankcase. Engine manufactures have placed a valve on the engine block which releases this pressure. This valve is known as a PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve. During engine operation, blow-by gases, as well as oil mist from the rotating components of the engine, pass through the PCV valve and are routed back into the intake for the engine to burn off. However, some of the oil mist and other products settle along the engine intake and over time form a "gunk." The oil catch can collects the oil mist and condenses the fuel vapors while allowing "cleaner" gases to be passed back into the intake. Typically the blow-by gasses are passed through a wire mesh, which give the vapor droplets something to adhere to. Since the oil catch cans condense the vapor portion of the gasses, they will need to be drained periodically of all the oil, fuel and other contaminants.

Last edited:

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would be interesting to see what needs to be cleaned out of the can from time to time.

dogknat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting... They had a Raptor sitting in front of the dealer in early August and had a $4k over MSRP price on the windshield.

I grew up in Rifle... ran the Raptor of JQS when I was there... that's a fun road.

Yea they were telling me that they usually mark them 4-6k over. I basically had a few in roads through board member Mogo and a few other local friends. If anyone does business with them I recommend Stan because he actually is a good easy guy to deal with.
I grew up in Rangely just wish I had a raptor when I still lived there.

Shockwave

Reaction score
Does anybody live in northern lousiiana or jist the whole louisiana market and did they pay near invoice

lebeljd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2014 Scab ordered $3000 below MSRP

I placed my order today at $3,000 below MSRP. The dealer is Auffenberg Ford North in O'Fallon IL. They were the only dealer within a couple hundred miles who was willing to go below MSRP. The salesman was awesome to work with, we were in and out in about 20 minutes. Mine was their first order for a 2014 Raptor.

2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Supercab
Blue Flame
801A Package
Power Moonroof
Spray-In Bed Liner
Tailgate Step
Stowable Bed Extender
Front & Rear Camera System

Anyone who is interested they still have several allocations available. Contact info is below.

Please ask for Dustin Baron and tell him you were referred by John Lebel.

Auffenberg Ford North, O'Fallon IL
Auffenberg | O'Fallon and Belleville Car Dealerships | Ford, Hyundai, Nissan, Mazda, Kia, VW, Used

Dustin Baron
618-632-0090 X3106
618-520-2474 mobile
[email protected]

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you should post this in the raptor dealers thread. its a list we have compiled of dealers willing to deal.