2 Raptor household now, finally went to the darkside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My lightning is in hibernation since 2009. Need to finish it. 28,000 miles on odometer

So 2 Raptors, 1 454SS, 1 Lightning. Your definitely a performance truck type of guy. Nice variety. Any power figures on the 454SS? Original block and heads or?

Greg Machala

Reaction score
I tried to get a 2019 Raptor Supercab here in Texas a week ago and none of the dealers in the San Antonio area would budge off sticker. Some had 30+ Raptors on the lot. I have been waiting since 2017 for prices to come down and just got tired of dealing with dealer bs and spending entire days at dealerships. So, I bought a used 2018 801 Lightning Blue with 26K miles for $47K. I am really happy with it.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried to get a 2019 Raptor Supercab here in Texas a week ago and none of the dealers in the San Antonio area would budge off sticker. Some had 30+ Raptors on the lot. I have been waiting since 2017 for prices to come down and just got tired of dealing with dealer bs and spending entire days at dealerships. So, I bought a used 2018 801 Lightning Blue with 26K miles for $47K. I am really happy with it.

Did you look in Houston?

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see your impression of the gen 2 vs the gen 1. Congrats! Good choice on the SCAB! ;)

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm curious to see your impression of the gen 2 vs the gen 1. Congrats! Good choice on the SCAB! ;)

Impressions on power is good . My bolt on and Tuned Tremor was faster. Raptor really starts freight training 3rd 4th and 5th gears . So i suspect stock program is limiting throttle blade 1st and 2nd gear or there is torque management . I raced a newer chevy truck on 35s and walked him pretty good to 60 mph. With the exception of the exhaust sound , i like it. Fit and finish and build quality seem exceptional but i'm only at 200 miles ,I have not crawled around under the truck yet . I can tell the weight diffrence , my Gen1 always felt heavy . I will take to the dirt Saturday afternoon and see how it does . Its a good truck with a ton of neat technology

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So 2 Raptors, 1 454SS, 1 Lightning. Your definitely a performance truck type of guy. Nice variety. Any power figures on the 454SS? Original block and heads or?
Past vehicles 1993 lightning and 2006 SRT 10 night runner so you could say i have been performance truck person .The 454 I have original block and heads on stand in garage broke a tiny piece of the piston. In 2000 i installed 502ci replacement block with edlebrock aluminum heads . Bigger kennebell compressor. Boost is only 6 psi there is no intercooler 90's technology with TBI injection. HP when i dyno'd long time ago was 511hp at wheels. I could get more with water **** injection but never got around to installing it. That truck does sound best out of any of my trucks , big block low idle and flowmaster 40 dumped under axle. Set alarms off everywhere back in the day.

Last edited: