$15k ADM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The point is some people come to the forum to vent and get support, some people come to the forum to criticize others and get support, some come here to read others misery and compare to their own, we are all here for whatever reason, so the more the merrier, we can chose which threads to respond to and which we don't want to, it's pretty easy. If we decide that somebodies thread is pointless, pretty soon, they all become pointless. At least he is talking about buying a Raptor and wants to get one, just doesn't want to pay ADM, nobody needs to get hurt over it.

That’s what it’s all aboot, Eh!

OP
OP
R

Raptorbreath

Reaction score
Hey, if you don’t mind ADM, more power to you. In fact, call Herb Chambers: a week ago they had both a white and a black ‘21 available with the $15k ADM. I just think ADM is the moral equivalent of price gouging after a hurricane. Those charging it are taking advantage of customers and those paying it are encouraging and rewarding that behavior. If/when it’s a more normal market, I’ll remember who tried to gouge me. But maybe that’s just me.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, if you don’t mind ADM, more power to you. In fact, call Herb Chambers: a week ago they had both a white and a black ‘21 available with the $15k ADM. I just think ADM is the moral equivalent of price gouging after a hurricane. Those charging it are taking advantage of customers and those paying it are encouraging and rewarding that behavior. If/when it’s a more normal market, I’ll remember who tried to gouge me. But maybe that’s just me.
If only states treated this like they did hurricanes... making it illegal to gouge during lead up and after hurricane

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Koons Ford falls church has a rapid red 35/801 they went 30k over. Said someone form Montana offered 15k over and they said no.

Love the details on the new raptor tho

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well said, and it's not just you who won't forget who tried to gouge them.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
in 2016 we had a gen2 thread for stealerships selling at MSRP and Many were successful. I will say, I struck out completely with at least 6 of the same stealerships, and named sales-bots when shared. I ended up buying in Front Royal, VA for MSRP about a 75 minute ride from then home. I tried buying local, really, but the metro dc stealerships were knuckleheads about it, so I went elsewhere.

Remember, just because the stealership sales rep, S/M or GM says someone has offered money on the truck doesn’t make it true. If you come in offering over MSRP, they --KNOW-- you will pay more, they don’t think it, they KNOW it. Any stealership who knows you’re willing to pay more than MSRP your negotiating power is gone.

All you guys & gals Jonesing for a gen3 just have to wait for the first few to come up for sale used, and it won’t be long. Right now we have buyers who bit off more than they can financially chew, and they know it but aren’t willing to admit it. The used market won’t bear ADM. it didn’t for the Gen2, and won’t for the Gen3. Keep your powder dry, buy a beater exploder if you have to until you can land the Rap for a legit price.

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say after shopping around a bit over the last two weeks it seemed the standard premium was 5K for a 35 and 10K for a 37. It seems a bit crazier now as more trucks are arriving. I had a dealer call me yesterday that I made an inquiry at the week before last. They just got a 35 and wanted 10K over. They had a 37 two weeks ago for 25K over and it sold, granted I'm not sure if they got the whole 25K. When I called my dealer to let them know I found a truck and wouldn't be buying the 35 I ordered in June he was happy. He said "good we have a few guys that will buy it for 5K over."

smurfslayer

Reaction score
No they don’t. They told you that to make you reconsider.
Maybe they have numbers of people who may be interested in purchasing, but doubtful they’re coming in there with extra cash.

As you pointed out, just because the huge ADM truck you saw before sold, doesn’t mean it sold for asking price. Sure, it could have, but 25k is exorbitant for a Raptor of any stripe.