10R80 issues - P0C29

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julien194b

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So again I ask though - Why are so many owners changing their fluids/fiter sooner? Is there a more recommended mileage period for this transmission?
some do it bcs they are probably worried about how is oil and prefer do it sooner than later , is it necessary, I don't know...@FTO says that if you know you drive your raptor hard , perhaps you can think to do it sooner... I guess 100K miles is not bad for this maintenance operation!

Last edited:

Tbogo

Reaction score
What is driven hard criteria? After doing a little research apparently there are existing class action lawsuits filed in 2023 against Ford on this 10R80 transmission because of failures especially on higher mileage vehicles. This transmission is also used in GM trucks as it was jointly designed by GM. This transmission is used not only in F150 but the Mustang, Expedition, and various Lincoln luxury models.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is driven hard criteria? After doing a little research apparently there are existing class action lawsuits filed in 2023 against Ford on this 10R80 transmission because of failures especially on higher mileage vehicles. This transmission is also used in GM trucks as it was jointly designed by GM. This transmission is used not only in F150 but the Mustang, Expedition, and various Lincoln luxury models.
Ambulance chasing scumbag lawyers will file a class action for anything. They throw shit at the wall and see what they can get to stick. All of them I’ve seen so far have been dismissed without merit by a judge.

I am of the believe that there is a special place in hell for trial lawyers.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ambulance chasing scumbag lawyers will file a class action for anything. They throw shit at the wall and see what they can get to stick. All of them I’ve seen so far have been dismissed without merit by a judge.

I am of the believe that there is a special place in hell for trial lawyers.
...and two faced service advisors and guiltless $hitbag techs. Hold them in the same regard. Almost as bad as lazy engineers or worse, those who will direct said "engineers" to intentionally design limited lifespan. Point is, world is full of less desirables regardless of profession. $hit bag is a $hit bag and there are all too many of them.

20leadfoot

Reaction score
So again I ask though - Why are so many owners changing their fluids/fiter sooner? Is there a more recommended mileage period for this transmission?
In my case, I was trying to be proactive. Ford recommends changing trans fluid and filter at 150k, engine oil at 10k. I always change my engine oil at 5k, so i decided to change my trans fluid and filter at 60k. In hindsight, i should have just left the trans alone. I won't be making that mistake again.