SnoBall 500, as seen by "The Puzzler" truck #30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this was brought up, have you tried using the e-brake system?
Cable driven and separate from the ABS.

Yes actully I did look at the E-Brake..
You can use a Zip tie to kep the lock from working..This way when you depress the lever it it will return..
2 problems were found with this...
1. Getting my foot use driving like this was not comforting at all..
I am a 2 footed driver and my left foot hovers the brake peddle. To trail brake with the right foot and still keep the torqe converter locked up by being on the gas slightly would involve heal toe driving like down shifting an old Manuel shift trans..
This could be learned but for the second problem there was no remedy.
The little e-brake shoes could not hand the load of a 6000lbs truck at speed.
They were usefull for one hit and completely over heated after that...
I stopped with that and moved to a new direction....I could see cable stretching issues coming into play and the hole system would have needed reworking..

Your not bothering me Wilson...The controller never made it to the drawing board....
To complected..I know sounds funny..lmao

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The little e-brake shoes could not hand the load of a 6000lbs truck at speed.
They were usefull for one hit and completely over heated after that...
I stopped with that and moved to a new direction....I could see cable stretching issues coming into play and the hole system would have needed reworking..

I figured the e-brake pads would have to be swapped with something better as they tend to get destroyed from rust buildup.
Yea a second system sounds like the best route to go.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so you've never pulled a trailer with the break thing. it basically runs the breaks on the trailer electronically. if you yous the trailer brakes on the pickup by plugging in to the 6 pin I think it would work. it would not be easy to understand if you've never pulled a trailer with one. you could get in one and try it out just slid the adjuster to see how it works. I'm thinking you might even be able to use your pickup brakes if you want just set it to a higher setting but the best will still be sliding the selector.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Dodge Truck brake control install
in your case instead of going to the back of truck you would jest wire directly to your brakes or the calipers you put on your truck.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boost and juice and electro tomfoolery are not for me. Give me lockers and rockers and straight cubic knockers. So kick in the "rock on" bypass and lets roll. and dont forget, the little lever that turns the mother when things are cooking and matts a looking and things are cooking,shouting out hard left hard left there my brother. Lets go.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boost and juice and electro tomfoolery are not for me. Give me lockers and rockers and straight cubic knockers. So kick in the "rock on" bypass and lets roll. and dont forget, the little lever that turns the mother when things are cooking and matts a looking and things are cooking,shouting out hard left hard left there my brother. Lets go.

I'll have you pointed in the right direction my brother....Cation!!! Cation!!! Screw it !!!! HIT THAT MOTHER !!!!!! LOL

OP
OP
BlueSVT

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And, the anxiously awaited Part 2... Sorry for the delay, this shit is time consuming!

SnoBall 500 Day 2 - YouTube

For anybody that has an iPhone, you can STILL view it on your phone if you do the following:

Click on this link: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/366546-post78.html

DO NOT OPEN with Tapatalk. Open with Safari, the default Iphone browser. If you have Tapatalk, click "Cancel" when it asks you if you want to use Tapatalk.

Now, you should be able to click on the video, and watch it from within Safari on the phone! Maybe somebody with an Android phone can see if it works?

Last edited:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Once again GREAT VIDEO!
Must have seen the first one about 30 time already.lol
Also GREAT recovery there in the "Puzzler" Matt. lol

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another awesome video, and great editing too!:waytogo:

Whoever said make this same trip in the summer time is right, its just as beautiful with colors as it is with everything all white. Fall is really beautiful.