Anyone notice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFouts

Reaction score
I was staring at my 2024 35 today, partly because its awesome, but also noticing didn't seem to be any rake. I see a lot of you are doing leveling kits and wondering if it is really necessary? I don't mind the rake anyway and i tow a bit, so it does help level it out with a load. More just a curiosity thing.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have any visual rake. I wonder if rake isn't supposed to be there and the shocks need to be recalibrated. I've only known new coils or spacers to change ride height but maybe our trucks can?

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Live valve or any other change in damping won’t alter static ride height. Damping force is zero when the shock isn’t moving so it’ll always settle to the same spot so long as spring rate, preload, and weight distribution remain the same. Parking on a hill impacts weight distribution. My driveway happens to be fairly steep. Parked facing uphill it looks near zero rake if not slightly squatted. I don’t feel any need to lift the front of my truck.