New 2024 Raptor is on hand for new products for your 37 Pkg and R Models with new Modular Bumper....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here are some other examples and the direction we are headed.

We have the 2 piece designs that stack on top of the other.

This allows a way cleaner consolidated look and the double mount can become a triple mount for 3x3 or 4x4 lights and a double mount for 6x6 lights like Rigid 360’s or Baja LP6’s and Diode SS5’s.

We are putting a little video together for you guys. Let us know what you think.

John

15.jpg

21.jpg22.jpg23.jpg

Last edited:

OBXRAPTOR17

Reaction score
both Putco and Heretic would fit on top of bumper. Heretic bracket for the Bronco raptor is very clean.

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
both Putco and Heretic would fit on top of bumper. Heretic bracket for the Bronco raptor is very clean.
We can certainly make some mounts for those. I was going to say that I know Putco Has a Luminix Light bar that is 0.75" thick. I actually designed a Flush Grille mount for those for the Gen 2.

Here is the video-

The problem is, and while I LOVE the flush look. Out of probably 300 of those Light bar kits we sold back then. Over the 3 year period after, at least 75% contacted us to help them facilitate a warranty claim because some or several of their LED's inside the case burned out.
The defect was so high, we just stopped pushing that one.

Now, I need to make sure you understand. I like Putco and I think they have some great stuff. I just think engineering wise, trying to put LED's like that in such a small package, it just creates TOO MUCH HEAT. Which leads to Failure. I think that is the case with any high power LED's like that which go in such a small case without the proper cooling fans.
Of course those light bars are also all Aluminum and they are now about $1500 for just the light bar. So in that price range with a 40" light bar that only puts out about 13,000 lumens compared to others in a 40" that can produce a lot more it comes down to value.
M&R makes one like that too. I don't know what M&R's warranty is, or their lumen count, but Putco's is 3 years.
Baja Designs and Rigid are a minimum of 10 years but most things are lifetime. Diode is 8 years.

So I could be wrong, but I think most want the full size from probably one of those 3 brands for the dependability and the output.

Though I agree with you. Flat and back do look good. If you want the Putco, M&R or Heretic, We can probably put a mount together for those as well. I just think that in the slim design like that, since they don't have good cooling fans, a liquid cooler and pump would allow you to put BIG power in a small case like that. Unfortunately, I think that cost would be astronomical for a high end liquid cooled light. Their warranty and potential durability potentially just scare me a bit from my experience.

John

Last edited:

OBXRAPTOR17

Reaction score
I hand a PUTCO with zero issues for 7 years. New PUTCO gen4 has better heat dissipation/reliability and Heretic has lifetime warranty with best lumen rating for size on the market. M&R also a nice option value for money and you could replace 3 times (unlikely) for less $.

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I hand a PUTCO with zero issues for 7 years. New PUTCO gen4 has better heat dissipation/reliability and Heretic has lifetime warranty with best lumen rating for size on the market. M&R also a nice option value for money and you could replace 3 times (unlikely) for less $.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to put them down. I just saw so many issues with those, and I hate when people have issues. We pride ourselves in our recommendations. Thats why I didn't really push those. Either way, if that's what you want and like, we can certainly put something together.

John

OBXRAPTOR17

Reaction score
I don’t think you put anyone down but you did create a false dichotomy of “either behind the grill or hanging off the front “ when in reality there are several options for flush on the bumper.

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don’t think you put anyone down but you did create a false dichotomy of “either behind the grill or hanging off the front “ when in reality there are several options for flush on the bumper.
Well I certainly didn't mean to misinform yourself or anyone else. Apologies if you felt that.

But what it sounds like, and I did ask for suggestions. Is that your request/input is a flush mount bracket for those lights? Thats certainly something I can look at as well.

John

Last edited:

foxx26

Reaction score
I’m looking to mount 4 Baja design LP6’s on my R. Is there a bar type mount in the pipeline that connects from one side of the bumper to the other. Kinda like the foutz mount or the add pro v1 light hoop?

OBXRAPTOR17

Reaction score
Well I certainly didn't mean to misinform yourself or anyone else. Apologies if you felt that.

But what it sounds like, and I did ask for suggestions. Is that your request/input is a flush mount bracket for those lights? Thats certainly something I can look at as well.

John
Flushmount bracket for the skinny 30 and/or 40inch light bars utilizing the modular bumper bolts is what I am looking for- appreciate your interest in that project.