You're in Trouble Now - A Raptor and SEALS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Killer Shots! Seen that a good bit having been stationed there. Men always out playing in the water. Speaking of animals....we use sea lions and Dolphins when dealing with underwater mines. I've been out with them on the East Coast on an LCM8 doing Mine Recovery. We use mammal recovery gear instead of Target Detecting Devices and they hook a latch to the back of the Mine which is attached to a float. Had a chic at a party ask me what I did and I told I was a Mineman. She started screaming at me about using Sea Lions to locate bombs. I laughed and told her use Dolphins as well, West Coast. ;)

Wayyy Cool , put some fins on that PITA BIOTCHHH and let her locate some mines and bring them back with her big FNING mouth :chair::happy175::happy160: FNING Hanoi Jane wanna be ;)

djevox

Reaction score
Before 9/11 were the good ol’ days for seeing Navy stuff. In the mid to late ‘90’s, my dad had a sportfisherman boat that we took from Solomons Island to a marina near Norfolk Naval Base. We went past CVN-75 within 100ft. of it’s starboard side and I could see service members standing and smoking on the 03 level smoke deck. Little did I know that I’d be stationed on it 8 years later. It was much more luxurious than a sub, but it’s still a tin can. I enjoyed being embedded into various Army units in the middle East much more.