Your Raptors Audio System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carlo1170

Reaction score
This thread has been a huge help! Currently building my stereo. I’ve got a new enclosure incoming for my 2 x JL 12tw3. I currently have a kicker kxa800.1 for those but thinking about upgrading, albeit this amp has treated me well in my previous setup in my Silverado so I’m am not undecided. I need to see how the new enclosure sounds. Might not pull the trigger on a new amp for the subs until I complete the rest of it though.. I had some mid level infinity speakers in my last truck but definitely going with something significantly better for my raptor..

Here’s my thoughts on the new setup!

Speaker/ Amp setup
- Audio control d800.4 amp w/ built in processor
>>>Doing this to combine the need for a processor and amp. I’d consider myself an amateur when it comes to tuning and this one seems pretty simple to setup.
>>>125w RMS at 4 ohms feels about perfect for what I’m wanting. Last setup wasn’t even amped and ran off an aftermarket headunit that was powering my speakers at 32w rms per channel. Wanted more volume and clarity.
>>>Any feedback on this amp would be appreciated.

-Focal K2 6.5 ES165k Components in front
-Focal K2 EC165K 6.5 2 way in rear

>>>first off, are 6.5s a fairly straight forward install with some nicer adapters? Likely going with the adapters from @SoundsGoodStereo . What about mounting depth?
>>>Personally haven’t heard these but I’ve heard rave reviews. Are these worth the $$ over the Flax evo? Crutchfield is running a sale on this version of the K2s and they only end up being a few bucks more than the Flax Evo.

Sub/Amp setup
-2x JL 12TW3 in a Soundskins enclosure
>>>as I mentioned these have treated me well for years on my old setup so I’m sticking to this.
-Kicker KX800.1 Amp
>>> amp and subs are wired at 2 ohms so I’m getting 800 RMS to both of those subs. Amp had treated me well for years and never overheated or had any issues.. but I might want a little more power with a better quality amp. Was thinking about the Rockford Power 1000 or 1500, just really depends what the above speaker setup is capable of. I always had distortion in speakers well before my sub/amp combo did. I know this was because of lack of power to the speakers.
>>>might be taking a gamble on the enclosure here since they’re pretty new to the game but it’s nice looking and they seem like a standup company.. I’ll receive this week and see how it sounds on my stock speaker + sub and amp combo.

-Pac audio amp and speaker interface
>>>This is for a clean and easy install. I’ve already got the sync 3 upgrade so that won’t be changing. This seems like the best and easiest route to add the two amps without having to run new speaker wire to all of the speakers.

-While everything is apart I’ll be doing sound deadening as well.

Any and all feedback on the setup is greatly appreciated. Im fairly new to the higher end of speakers but not really new to the setup and wiring aspect. I’ve been doing various setups and such since I was a kid, just with your standard run of the mill, low-mid speaker and amp setups

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you can run an active front stage, it will sound a lot better. its a whole world of difference when you do so. a 6 channel amp is what you want. run a channel to each speaker, and since you are keeping your sub amp for now, you dont need to bother with that. the flax series speaker is a very natural sounding speaker. the kx2 will be a louder speaker, however retain the ability to be a very clean sounding speaker. i would categorize the kx2 as an sql speaker. as far as depth in the doors, as long as your speaker adapter is about 1/2in thick, you will be fine. be careful with the pac audio adapter. over the last 6-7 years, the quality has gone down. if you do use it, make sure its easily accessible just in case you have to swap it out

carlo1170

Reaction score
if you can run an active front stage, it will sound a lot better. its a whole world of difference when you do so. a 6 channel amp is what you want. run a channel to each speaker, and since you are keeping your sub amp for now, you dont need to bother with that. the flax series speaker is a very natural sounding speaker. the kx2 will be a louder speaker, however retain the ability to be a very clean sounding speaker. i would categorize the kx2 as an sql speaker. as far as depth in the doors, as long as your speaker adapter is about 1/2in thick, you will be fine. be careful with the pac audio adapter. over the last 6-7 years, the quality has gone down. if you do use it, make sure its easily accessible just in case you have to swap it out

I’m unsure how long their harness’s is so any suggestions where to mount that pad adapter? What is the alternative way of doing this while retaining the stock amp due to sync features, I don’t want to lose any of this.

Sounds like the Audio control 6 channel would be the way to go then. Is the factory tweeter already run as its own channel? Assuming I just wouldn’t use the crossover then or buy the woofer/tweeter separately. What about the power handling of the tweeter? That amp would be a 6x125w per channel. assuming this wouldn’t pose an issue due to the built in dsp?

MultiStateRaptor Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the Car Stereo Company: We live in the hill country on a farm in the Midwest, so do you have a location or referral in the Missouri or Kansas area to change this "awful" B&O Unleased Sound System for our 2023 Raptor V6 EcoBoost. I've made a few phone calls and asking them some options on replacing the amp(s) and all the speakers (and putting the replacement speakers back in their original "OEM" spaces), and "not" adding anymore speakers, (I want to leave it all original in it's configuration). I've been getting: replacing the amp(s) and replacing all the speakers, but keeping and using the original wiring. I liked like to hear some true separation in the bass, treble and everything in between. I'm a "huge" fan of the Vizio Surround System that is added to our "Smart" T.V. in a very large format. LOL. :driver: Your recommendation is achieving this. I've also be quoted anywhere from $1800 - $2300 and a few places a bit more, with a new replacement five (5) channel amp(s) and all the speakers replaced in their OEM spaces and no other speakers added. I'm curious if a subwoofer or bass box could be put in the cubby under the rear seat, where it could be secured with Velcro or ? and removed without even know it was ever there.

Thank you.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m unsure how long their harness’s is so any suggestions where to mount that pad adapter? What is the alternative way of doing this while retaining the stock amp due to sync features, I don’t want to lose any of this.

Sounds like the Audio control 6 channel would be the way to go then. Is the factory tweeter already run as its own channel? Assuming I just wouldn’t use the crossover then or buy the woofer/tweeter separately. What about the power handling of the tweeter? That amp would be a 6x125w per channel. assuming this wouldn’t pose an issue due to the built in dsp?
this is probably better answered by a phone call. (831) 254-7562 text or call me. evenings usually work better for me.

noah