Wrap Estimate.. evaluate this quote.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PermianRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The black shaded area by the headlights. Don't know if there's a real name for it.

Looks really good too for the time it's been on. Used PD on my camaro ss before the raptor but I want to go satin black vinyl. Let's hope I get a good estimate here soon.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks really good too for the time it's been on. Used PD on my camaro ss before the raptor but I want to go satin black vinyl. Let's hope I get a good estimate here soon.

I had planned on getting vinyl for mine but I chose to put it on the back burner and went with this as a temp solution... Had the mindset that it won't last that long and I can just peel it off but it has held up like a soldier and really haven't seen a reason to pull it off ya know?

PermianRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had planned on getting vinyl for mine but I chose to put it on the back burner and went with this as a temp solution... Had the mindset that it won't last that long and I can just peel it off but it has held up like a soldier and really haven't seen a reason to pull it off ya know?

Exactly how I felt on my camaro. You did your hood well and it looks great so you banked out with that combo. It looks awesome on terrain as well.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly how I felt on my camaro. You did your hood well and it looks great so you banked out with that combo. It looks awesome on terrain as well.

Ya. You should give it a try, even if it might be temporary. It's like $6 per can lol might as well, you never know, it might last you awhile out there in Odessa.

PermianRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give you that.. Took me a couple of minutes, but shoot, it wasn't too bad. Tape makes straight lines for the most part

Lol got another quote today.. Raised portion of hood is said to be more difficult by the installer. He hit me with a $425 estimate.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bahah... About $15? Used a couple cans of plastidip. Been on since oct/nov. yry5edam.jpg

Did my headlights the other day too.

Have you done any off roading? I hear it's hard to remove mud from the plasti dip. It ends up looking stained.
You should do the lower part of the bumper as well.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

I was told $3000 to $3500 for a complete truck. That sound right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably in the ball park. Depends on it you're going solid color or with a design.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you done any off roading? I hear it's hard to remove mud from the plasti dip. It ends up looking stained.
You should do the lower part of the bumper as well.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Probably in the ball park. Depends on it you're going solid color or with a design.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Yup. I've done some off roading. Dirt seems to have come off quite easily, haven't had an issue with that yet. Of course I always end up washing it the first chance I get, which is typically a couple of hours after. It might be different for those that can't wash it for a couple of day, I can see dirt setting into the plastidip after that long.