Would You Buy a 2024 Raptor Without Sunroof?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris51080

Reaction score
I never use my sunroof. It increases noise, adds heat to the cab, is another thing to maintain, and another thing that will eventually break.

I’d prefer a not having it whenever given the option.

JC Chaze

Reaction score
None of my previous trucks had one. I always said I needed one. It’s cool for a bit, but I feel I’d be fine without it.
That being said, mine is now almost 3 weeks old and when I open the panel cover completely it sounds like something is grinding in there. Time to take it in for a look.. Good chance these things aren't worth the hassle.

FREEZE451

Reaction score
I just got mine 2 days ago, with a sunroof.

I love them, so does the little one.

I plan to tint it with ceramic so there isn't heat crushing me.

Just took a 400 mile trip and noise, nor heat really bothered me. 85 Fahrenheit.

Sure it'll have issues, but they are relatively small.

Great truck.

hpizking

Reaction score
Wouldn't have one. Ordered mine without and love there is one less problem area to worry about as I offroad and that is just a big liability overhead and eventually they all leak or make noise or both.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gen 3 sunroof for me anyway has been quite a bit better than the gen 2. If i ever bought another gen 2 I’d opt out. Gen3 doesn’t make a ton of racket when it gets dusty and doesn’t make disconcerting noises when opening. Main reason for getting the sunroof was the tailgate stuff.