Wiring S2 Sport for Reverse and Chase (Upfitter)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
Hello All,

Looking to add a pair of S2's via the BD reverse lights kit under the rear bumper. I'd like to wire them as reverse lights and also to an upfitter switch to use as a supplement to my chase lights (throw on an amber cover).

Is this possible? Not new to wiring, just having a hard time thinking through this circuit, worried throwing on the chase lights would activate the reverse lights on the truck. Would that be an issue?

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won’t be an issue at all. There are vendors here on the forums that sell kits to do exactly this. I have 2 s2 wired in on my reverse light & on switch #5.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Looking to add a pair of S2's via the BD reverse lights kit under the rear bumper. I'd like to wire them as reverse lights and also to an upfitter switch to use as a supplement to my chase lights (throw on an amber cover).

Is this possible? Not new to wiring, just having a hard time thinking through this circuit, worried throwing on the chase lights would activate the reverse lights on the truck. Would that be an issue?

yeah, its in the gen 1 section, but we will allow you to enter...... im just too lazy to repose in the other gen sections, but this will be exactly what you want

OP
OP
R

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score

yeah, its in the gen 1 section, but we will allow you to enter...... im just too lazy to repose in the other gen sections, but this will be exactly what you want
Thanks a ton!!

FULZEND

Reaction score
You can also place a capacitor between the reverse lights and your S2 lights. if you power them by the upfitter switch, the cap will keep the reverse lights from coming on.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what I just ordered from @Specialtyperformanceparts (among a lot of other cool lights) and it should arrive tomorrow. Custom harness that allows upfitter and reverse trigger. What I LOVE about SPV is not only their incredible customer service, but the custom harnesses they make for every application so there is never any cutting of factory wires and it is all plug and play! Could not recommend them more strongly!

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is exactly what I just ordered from @Specialtyperformanceparts (among a lot of other cool lights) and it should arrive tomorrow. Custom harness that allows upfitter and reverse trigger. What I LOVE about SPV is not only their incredible customer service, but the custom harnesses they make for every application so there is never any cutting of factory wires and it is all plug and play! Could not recommend them more strongly!
Thanks so much for the kind words!! Let us know if you need anything!

John